Chapter one; beginning

-pete's pov-

"V-vegas s-stop you're hurting me," I cried out to him. But he was too mad to even care.
It was like this every time he'd get upset; something takes over him and he blocks out the entire world.

"Haven't I told you NOT to interfere with the major family under ANY circumstances?!" he yelled through clenched teeth. It became hard to breathe because his hand was wrapped around my throat.

"V-vegas c-calm down, the kids are downstairs! Please..." I managed to get out as my lungs started tightening and my vision blurred.

The faint sound of the door opening was suddenly heard. "HIA STOP! YOU'RE HURTING HIM!" a voice cried out.

'Macau?' I thought to myself before I was being thrown back.

"P'Pete! Are you okay?!" Macau cried in a panic as he rushed over to me.

"I-I'm fine.." I whispered out as I looked up and saw Vegas, who was now panicking as well.

I guess he snapped out of it.

"P-Pete.. I'm so sorry.." He pleaded.

No matter how many times he apologizes, the same thing always happens. Again... And Again... And again.

He took a step towards me, but I scooched back on the floor. At this, he stopped in his tracks.

"Macau, what are you even doing here?" Vegas asked as he turned his attention to Macau.

"Well I came here to see you guys, but Venice told me you two were fighting so I ran up here as fast as I could, and thank God I did or you would've just choked your HUSBAND to death!" Macau exasperated, putting heavy emphasis on his words.

"V-Venice, Vivian..." I said softly as I tried to get up, stumbling a bit. I then rushed downstairs as Vegas and Macau followed behind.

"PAPA!" Vivian shouted as he ran to me.

"Hi honey..." I softly greeted while kneeling down in front of them both.

"Papa, your neck is red," Venice quietly pointed out as he looked at my neck.

"I'm fine love, just an allergic reaction to a body wash," I lied; I hated lying straight to their faces, but I didn't want them to think their pa was a monster.

Vegas can be the sweetest man ever. It's just his anger that gets out of control.

"Are you sure papa? It looks really red," Vivian questioned as he tilted his head.

"Yes hon, I'm sure. I'm fine! I pinky swear," I said as I held up my pinky. They both wrapped their small pinky fingers around mine and nodded their heads. I looked back at Vegas and Macau, and Macau shook his head.

"Papa will be right back," I said to Venice and Vivian, to which they both nodded in sync and ran to go play with their toys. I walked towards Vegas and Macau, but I proceeded to walk past them and into the kitchen, to which they both followed.

"Why did you lie to them?" Macau asked. I looked up at him.

"So am I supposed to just sit there and tell my kids what their pa did and have them think he's a monster? I'd rather not," I scoffed.

"But still, Phi... Lying to them? And to their faces, too? This is a serious matter!" Macau exclaimed.

"I know that, but I have my reasons," I replied, sighing.

"Macau, I think you should come back at a different time," Vegas said to Macau, who looked at him and nodded.

"Phi, call me if you ever need help," Macau said to me as he left. I hummed in response.