"He wants to control me?" Xuan Jie asked.

This answer stunned Cang Yu. He looked at Xuan Jie in surprise for a while, after thinking for a bit he replied: "That's not it either... Although this kind of relationship does turn out like this sometimes, Chi Shuishui doesn't want to control you. He just cares about you and worries about your life, just like how I didn't want the black snake to eat you when we were in the Fire Spirit Earthline that day."

This time Xuan Jie didn't answer, he was still thinking. Cang Yu just sat aside and watched him, seeing that Xuan Jie was silent, he asked again: "Then why did you kill the mandrill?"

"It's useless to kill the others."

Cang Yu looked at his injuries and explained: "But killing the weaker ones will still help you, and it's much safer."

Xuan Jie probably thought this was ridiculous, he didn't even bother to reply to Cang Yu, and didn't say anything more. He lowered his head and licked his wounds intently.

This made Cang Yu sigh. It was these special places that made him unable to treat Xuan Jie as a child. There's a wild instinct in Xuan Jie's body that urges him to grow faster. His desire for power far exceeds that of Cang Yu, as well as his rationality and self-discipline in this regard.

Just like when Xuan Jie cut open the belly of the giant snake and swallowed the inner elixir without hesitation, no one who had witnessed that scene would easily regard the little beast as a weak cub.

"I understand. I'll talk to Chi Shuishui about this. Just listen to him more in the future. Don't run around casually. At least let him know where you are."

This wasn't a difficult request. Xuan Jie nodded, Cang Yu applied medicine to his wounds, and the nest formed a fixed shape. Before the cub laid on it to sleep, he asked Cang Yu a question: "I'm different from them, right?"

Xuan Jie's eyes were very bright, like a ball of flame was burning under the reflection of the pearl stone. His voice was very calm, without the slightest hint of anxiety.

"No," Cang Yu replied softly, "You're just a little different, it isn't wrong. It's just that sometimes when you're different, it often means loneliness."

Xuan Jie didn't understand what he heard.

He just looked at Cang Yu and said quietly: "You're different too, right?"

"Yes."

Cang Yu smiled.

After this night, Xuan Jie surprisingly became honest. Although the gap between him and other little fox cubs was still obvious, he'd no longer cause Chi Shuishui the terrible psychological pressure that the previous mandrill incident did. At most, he'd only be anxious enough to tear at his hair.

Xuan Jie grew up very fast, faster than most foxes. In the winter of about the third year, the cloth nest on Cang Yu's bed was unable to accommodate him, he didn't care and slept directly on the floor. Sometimes he's too tired to go into the room, and just sleeps on the roof.

Except for the three adults who usually surround him, Xuan Jie has almost no friends. He can't play with the little foxes. It's not just that he doesn't talk, Xuan Jie lacks the nature of a child and has no need for things of that nature. His bloodthirst even occasionally made even Chi Shuishui feel afraid.

Most of the little fox cubs were still around the age of three or four in human years. They like fun and games. They can play in the mud and ponds all day long. Playing with prey during hunting is also part of the fun. Occasionally, they suffer a little hardship and are preyed upon, escape is also common. But Xuan Jie isn't like that. The beasts or even monsters under his hands have no hope of escape. He regards every practice as a life and death struggle.

Chi Shuishui felt that his psychological pressure was increasing day by day, so he hurriedly came to chat with Qian Niang and mentioned: "The little fox cubs are all playing, only Xuan Jie is constantly training himself. This isn't good."

He didn't know that there's be a saying in later generations. The proverb "Only studying and no playing can make a smart child stupid" could perfectly describe his worried mood at that moment. (T/N: Something about cultural level here removed)

Qian Niang responded to him disdainfully: "The cubs of your Fox clan are too playful. What's wrong with Xuan Jie's behavior?"

"What's wrong..." Chi Shuishui sighed and said, "We haven't given him food or clothes. This child acts like he'll be thrown out of Qingqiu tomorrow. It's not that I'm not looking forward to the children making progress, but Xuan Jie being like this makes me feel that something isn't right. Could it be that the monsters from the ancient times are naturally more diligent than us?" In fact, Qian Niang has the same worries in her heart. She's born to be free-spirited and far less self-disciplined than Xuan Jie

The cub was still in a bad state. Usually, he can listen to teacher Chi Shuishui's compliments and cheers once or twice. As time goes by, he'll naturally become a little hairy.

This situation is similar to that of parents in later generations who worry that their children will drive themselves to doom with studying.

Qian Niang hesitated for a while and then said harshly: "I can't say for sure, I can't say that Xuan Jie is obedient and sensible. Ha, you're so strange as a master. You're not happy when Xuan Jie works so hard. Do you want a bunch of brats running around? Kicking up dust all day?"

Chi Shuishui glanced at her and knew that Qian Niang was just talking stupid and had actually taken this matter to heart. He smiled, shrugged and said indifferently: "Well, of course I am. I'm very happy. Since you said so, then I'm not worried at all now."

"Huh?!" Qian Niang was startled and couldn't believe that the he really backed down. She stared at Chi Shuishui for a bit and said angrily, "Fine, enough nonsense, get lost."

Chi Shuishui walked away triumphantly.

What idea could Qian Niang have? Now that Xuan Jie remembers her, he's willing to be hugged and touched by her. Sometimes he'll remember to drag prey for Qian Niang to enjoy, but no more than that.

She had no choice but to knock on Cang Yu's door again.

Xuan Jie was previously stupid, but it was Cang Yu who took him out for a night and cured him. The time Chi Shuishui got angry, it was Cang Yu who told Xuan Jie to be obedient... A law has been formed in Qian Niang's mind: Xuan Jie will always be troubled. If anything happens, just look for Cang Yu.