18|| Silence

When we arrived at the nurses office the nurse wasn't there. So Hikaru and I sat down on one of the beds and waited for her. His eye didn't look to good. It was completely swollen and throbbing.

"Remember that time when you said I had noodle arms." I smile.

"Hahaha, very funny, Mai." Hikaru says sarcastically.

"C'mon! I have complete bragging rights! Let me brag without you complaining how you are now the weak one."

"I am not weak. I just don't have as fast reflexes." he defends himself.

"You know I'm right." I lean against him.

"Get that smug look off your face. I will never admit that you're be stronger. Which you're not." He smiles at me.

"You're cute when you're defensive." I smile but my face quickly turns to a blush once I realized what I just said.

D-did I j-just say that?! N-no! What do I do now?! He probably thinks I'm crazy! Maybe I coul-

"You're pretty cute yourself." He blushes and looks away.

"T-thanks." I avoid eye contact. I'm probably all red!

The nurse enters the room and takes a long look at us. "Whoa. You both look like fire trucks." she points at us and it makes us blush even more. "Wait... You look like tomatoes now." she giggles.

She has long dark red hair and green eyes. She looks like she's in her late 20's.

She walks over to her desk and pulls out her chair and slides it to us and she sits on it backwards. "So, what happened?"

"Uhh... He hit a door." I lie.

"Really? He hit a door. Dearly, that's the oldest trick in the book. You got to do better than that." She chuckles.

"I hit the door." Hikaru backs me up.

"Y'know I was watching you both the whole time. I was taking a walk to the principal office and you two were getting yourselves into trouble. Once he fell over it got boring so I left to get papers from the principle."

"Will we be getting detention?" I ask.

"I'll let it slide. It's obvious it wasn't anything terrible or else you would have told an adult. Although, what I want to know is why did you beat him up for some sketchbook." She got up from her chair and walk over to the fridge. She took out an ice pack and wrapped it around with a thin sheet of paper towels. "Here you go sweetie." she hands Hikaru the ice pack and he holds it up to his eye. She turns to me. "You still haven't answered my question."

"Umm... It's personal." I gulp.

"Ah! I get it! It's like a diary. Don't worry, sweetie, your secret is safe with me." she locks her lips.

"Your so shy!" She pokes my nose.

This nurse scares me. I don't know whether I should trust her or not. She's so friendly.

She turns to Hikaru again. "Is it still throbbing?

"No, thank you nurse." he hands her the ice pack.

"Don't call me that! Call me Mana." she places the ice pack back in the fridge.

"Thank you, Mana. But we need to get going." Hikaru and I stand up.

"Mmmkay. See you next time." she laughs and we both exit out the door

"Hey, I was wondering can we stop by my house before we go mini golfing?" I ask

"Yeah sure. Why?"

"I want to change out of this dress."

"O-okay." the thought makes him blush. "I need to call the limo though." He takes out his cell and calls the limo.

. . . .

"Hikaru! I'm bored!" I'm laying on the sidewalk waiting for the limo to get here.

"Mai, we've been here for 5 minutes." he sits beside me.

"Correction! 9 minutes 13 seconds and counting!" I lay my head in his lap.

"It hasn't been that long." he poked my nose.

"Yes it has! Look at my watch." I hold it up to his face.

"That's a 6, Mai. It's been 6 minutes."

"What? Oh. Well it's still been a really long time!" I whine

"Let's play the quiet game."

"No! That's stup-"

"Shhhhhhhhhh..." he puts a finger to his my lips.

"I don't like being shushed." I sit up and cross my arms.

"I win." he smiles.

"No! We never started."

"Then hush."

Hikaru and I look each other in the eyes competitively. Ever since I was a child, I've been known to be extremely competitive.

I shall win this war between silence and talking. I will not say a word! I must stare into his golden eyes and look threatening! He shall not defeat me!

I haven't blinked in a while. My eyes are starting to burn. But I need to look threatening! If I blink I might look weak.

Hikaru blows in my eyes and makes me blink.

Agh! Isn't that cheating! He's smiling about it too! Wait... this is the quiet game. Not a starring contest.

The limo pulls up to us and a butler opens the door for us to walk in. Hikaru walks through the door first.

C'mon, Hikaru. Tell the butler, thank you.

He just nods his head and sits down. I sit beside him.

"I can't take this anymore! I'm a loud person! I speak my mind! I don't do silence!" I burst out yelling.

"Yay! I win!" Hikaru laughs.

"Noooooo! Rematch!" I point my finger at him.

"I thought you don't do silence." he smirks.

"But I do like winning."

He chuckles. "We'll just tell our friends you won."

. . . .

The limo stopped at my house.

"You can come in the house if you'd like." I keep the door open if he wanted to come out.

"Sure." he shrugs his shoulders and we walk inside.

"I'm gonna be upstairs in my room. You can look around the house I guess." I shrug my shoulders and walk upstairs to my room.

I put on dark blue skinny jeans and a white t-shirt with a black cat on it.

"EEKKKKKKKK!" I hear my aunt Niki scream downstairs.

I walk down the stairs to see she's throwing dishes at Hikaru!

I immediately run up to her and try to me her stop. "Niki! Stop! He's my friend!"

She stops throwing dishes at him and she turns to me. "You brought a boy home! This is so great!" She hugs me extremely tight.

"Get off me!" I push her off.

She walks over to Hikaru. "Sorry for the way I acted. I thought you were a robber or something." she laughs.

"Hahaha... yeah." He nervously laughs.

"We're going to be going now." I slowed start walking out the door waiting for Hikaru to follow.

"Aww, but you just got here!" She complains.

"Too bad." I say as Hikaru and I walk into the limo and drive off.

---------------------------------------
Happy Father's Day! Make sure to tell your dads that! :)
-Luna