028 || The truth

⚠ WARNING ⚠ - Mentions of rape, trauma, abuse

-----------

"You ready to go?" Lorenzo asked, getting up from the table.

Due to some confusion, the gala had been moved from Wednesday to Friday, so we just went on a date instead. It was quite nice. We didn't really have much to discuss, so he did most of that while I nodded along.

My mind was elsewhere. 

I was recovering some of my memories from that drunken night, and I just couldn't get them out of my head. Even though my mind didn't seem to remember, my body did. Every time I thought of Max, my skin would tingle as if he had touched me.

He did notice that I wasn't really paying attention and got a little annoyed, but I apologized before we could fight about it. He had just finished his third glass of wine when he decided it was time to go.

"Yeah, sure." I wiped the corners of my mouth quickly on my napkin before standing up.

He pulled on his jacket. I grabbed my purse and left the money on the table before walking after him. I gave an apologetic glance to the waiter as we left. 

The outside felt so cold in contrast to the cozy restaurant. I regret wearing a sleeveless dress now. He glanced at me, obviously noticing my discomfort.

"Are you cold?" he asked.

"Nope. Of course not." I smiled. He raised an eyebrow.

"Right, very belivable." He rolled his eyes, coming closer to me.

For some reason, I had the instinct to take a step away from him, but he was just giving me his jacked. I took it gratefully and slung it around my shoulders.

"Now... let's get you warmed up, huh?" He smiled warmly at me. I nodded. "My apartment is two minutes from here." He pointed down the road.

I hesitated. I'd never been to his apartment. What if, even though I had told him I wanted to wait, he still thought something would happen? Was I obligated to comply after all these weeks of dating him?

"Um... Actually, I should get back... It's not a very long walk from here, and Naomi must be wondering: I stammered. He took my shoulders and gave them a reassuring rub.

"Let her wonder." He smirked, beginning to lead me away. I gave up. What was the point, right? The walk was indeed only two minutes. I wondered if that was why he chose that restaurant. I didn't want to dwell on it, nor did I have time because we had arrived.

"Welcome to my humble abode." He opened the door and went inside.

I gulped and followed him in. It was a pretty nice place. A bit messy, sure, but cozy. And warm. I let out a small sigh, glad to be out of the cold night air.

"Can I get you anything to drink?" He asked, walking over to the kitchen. I wasn't sure what to do with myself, so I just stood there.

"Maybe some water?" I called. If my mouth felt dry, I could really use some.

"Ah, come on, Bri. Live a little!" He laughed. I saw him coming back with two glasses that were definitely too brown to be water. He handed me one, and I took it nervously.

"To us." He raised his glass slightly. I smiled. He was right; I just needed to loosen up a little. I couldn't keep avoiding this forever; it was bound to happen someday, so why not today?

"To us." I clinked my glass against his. He smirked. I downed the whole glass in one gulp. He looked both surprised and impressed. I immediately felt the buzz.

𝐋𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓 ~ | 𝘔𝘢𝘹 𝘝𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘦𝘯जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें