I think so.....I'm pretty sure I do.....

"I mean....in a sense, I guess. Why did Craig think this was....?" I trailed off. If he was still holding some typa resentment for the shit he did, I mean why take it out on kids.....and not just me? The shit with Cadence and Mykel is a whole other situation on its own.....but what sense did it make for Craig to even do all this shit?

What was gonna be the benefit for him....?

"Nobody knows why people do the stupid shit they do.....and his stupidity cost him his life. Anyways, he's a thing of the past.....you got yourself a real one....." She nudged my arm and I nodded, cutting up another piece. Yeah.....Travis is a difference from what I expected. "How are things between you and Trav?"

"It took me a lil minute to get adjusted to this with him." I smiled, taking another bite and thinking about Travis. After the shit with Craig, I wasn't sure about the whole dynamic of a relationship anymore. The one person I thought was gonna be something serious, ended up being a piece of shit. But here's Travis and.....this is different with him.....a good different, I think.

I like it.....

"And I'm happy that you're trying, it's good to see things are going in a good direction. You know.....not cuz things are nice between me and his dad, we're honestly just friends......" She raised her brow at me.

"Ok...." I snorted and she sucked her teeth at me. It's hard to make out if they are just friends or something more, Grace and Marvin are usually laughing together like they know some big secret that we don't.

"We are.....it just feels nice to have another adult to talk with, y'all generation is on something new and I ain't got time for it. But me and Marvin understand the emotional hurts we've been through. Him losing his wife and me losing, Anthony.....it's a companionship." I can understand that,, if Grace and Travis's dad aren't a thing, it's nice to see that she got a friendship with him.

"I'm glad that you made a friend like him....." I looked at Grace with a smile.

"Eh...." She shrugged. "Good thing he's a cutie, too. That will be nice to look at sometimes....."

"Ugh.....I don't needa hear your lil wet dreams....." I chewed my food and looked at the TV.

They're still talking about this....?

"Anyways...." She chuckled. "I'm not being biased when I say that Travis gives me good vibes, better than I got with Craig." I looked at Grace.

"Why didn't you say nothing.....?" I value Grace's words and her as my mom, in my times in foster care....Grace is the only one who treated me like a daughter. My own biological mom couldn't give me the attention that Grace does and I didn't care, cuz Grace may not be my biological mom.....but she's mom nonetheless to me.

"You were over the moon about Craig, I even thought that he was real....but I still had my reservations about it. I just didn't have proof of it, until things unfortunately happened with y'all....." She said and I looked away.

That was 10 years ago.....

That stupid feeling I went through after all that came back.....I was embarrassed to go back to school, cuz I got arrested for someone who turned out to be trash. Luckily it was right after prom.....it was a couple more weeks til graduation, me and Cadence had all our credits and our grades were pretty good. So my best friend sat out the last two weeks with me and I fought hard through it, remind myself that I wasn't going back. Yeah I haven't really thought about it since then, but I did carry a small residual anger from it.....