𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁

Start from the beginning

they left the rackets and balls back on their place and decided to walk to the restaurant part, to see if they could give them some ice, since quinn was insisting she needed to put it in her shoulder before the pain got worse.

devon kept insisting she was fine, even laughing at his expense, seeing him almost demand the poor waitress for a pack of ice. when they finally got it, they walked to one of the farthest tables outside, sitting across each other while dev kept the ice stable.

devon didn't know what to say to break the awkward silence that had engulfed them once again. the only thing that was running through her mind was that quinn's worried gaze was strongly reminding her of a similar situation back in umich, when life was good for both of them.

"dev, i can't do this" quinn said quietly, leaning his arms on his knees.

"do what?" devon whispered, afraid to speak louder.

"be this awkward with you, you know?"

"quinn..." she sighed, already rubbing at her head.

"devon, you don't know how much i've missed you and i know i don't have a right to feel that way but i'm just so sorry dev, you don't know how much i regret it" quinn rambled, looking at his hands as he talked.

"quinn, stop" she ordered, looking coldly at him.

"i know it was my fault and i know i deserve to feel this way" quinn continued, before he was cut off by devon.

"stop it. you don't get to tell me how you feel, and act like the victim and tell me how much you regret it. not now" she sharply argued, hating the way he was springing this on her on such a good day.

"dev-" he uttured, looking apologetic. it seemed the only feelings he had when she was around was regret and disgust at himself, but he knew he deserved it.

"you're being unfair, okay?" she whispered, her eyes staring to water with emotion "you caused this, you made this bed and now you have to lie in it. you don't get to feel sorry for yourself"

"i'm sorry dev" he repeated again, like a broken record.

"so you've said" she murmured, placing the ice pack on the table to wipe under her eyes, catching a glimpse of quinn's teary eyes "don't look at me like that" she croaked just as tears fell from her eyes.

quinn immediately stood up, pulling his chair to rest infront of her's, grabbing her hands that were desperately trying to cover her face. "no no, dev, don't cry. i'm sorry, i won't say anything again, please don't cry" he pleaded, softly wiping the tears off her face "let's start over, okay? do you think we could amend our friendship, are you okay with that?"

"i would like that, yeah" dev sniffled, smiling slightly at him.

"okay, now don't cry. i don't deserve your tears" he said, grabbing her hands that rested on her lap and squeezing them tightly.

"are you hungry?" she asked, earning a smile from quinn as he nodded.

━ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

liked by _quinnhughes and others

username you look so pretty

trevorzegras only u would go to such an extent to win
— view all replies
heyitsdevon it was a live or die situation🤷

username what happened girlie
— view all replies
heyitsdevon i fell on my shoulder
juleyork_ cause shes dumb as fuck
heyitsdevon literally go dig a whole and throw urself in it
juleyork_ what is bro yapping abt😂

username why is trev in ur comments
— view all replies
username cause theyre friends🤓

username quinn liked!!!!
— view all replies
username i ship them #dinn4life
username #quevon is better!!

username i miss them!!! (i didnt know them when they were together)

sunnylight dev u look so good please kiss me
— view all replies
heyitsdevon come to my room♥️

𝗯𝘆 𝗯𝗹𝗼𝗻𝗱𝟰𝟯𝗱double update!! feeling silly😜😜hope u enjoyed & pls comment i beg i need to hear thoughts

𝗯𝘆 𝗯𝗹𝗼𝗻𝗱𝟰𝟯𝗱
double update!! feeling silly😜😜
hope u enjoyed & pls comment i beg i need to hear thoughts. #DINN4LIFE