Reunited

'God she hasn't changed a bit' I think to myself as the bar we used to go to a few years ago as we were fighting to graduate TopGun came into sight. I park my car, readjust my uniform, and head inside.

'My God it's loud'

"My,my,my if it isn't the one and only 'Clutch' "
" 'Hangman' " I say with a smile

He takes my hand and hugs me, patting my back.
I hear footsteps behind me and turn around to be met with 'Fanboy' and 'Payback'. I open my mouth to greet them but I'm cut of by a squeal.
But not just any squeal.

" 'Clutchhhhhhh' "
" 'Phoenixxx' "

She pulls me into a hug spinning us around.

"Alright Phoenix don't strangle her to death we need her on whatever mission this is" Hangman says sarcastically.

"What is this mission anyway? I mean, the pilots that are here are like the best of the best" I question.

They all nod in agreement but can't give me an answer.

I turn to look at the guy sat on a stool watching us play pool his head buried in a cup of peanuts.

"How long's this guy been here?" I say to the boys as we all look towards him.

"Oh I've been here the whole time" He says nervously.

"And what do they call you?" Payback asks

"Bob"

"No as in your call sign" Phoenix adds

"Just Bob"

"And he's a stealth pilot" Hangman cheers

"Literally" Payback laughs

"Actually a weapon's system officer" he nods

"With no sense of humour" I mumble to the group.

"Wait you're my new weapons officer?!" Phoenix questions.

I try not to snort and burst out laughing as he nods frantically and she sighs.

We continue our game of pole when the bell rings. We all cheer as we all know we get a free round. I go up to the bar.

"I'll take six beers please Penny" I smile

"No problem Amy" she says as she takes out the glasses

"Much appreciated grandpa!" I shout over my shoulder at the older man opposite Penny. He looks oddly familiar but I can't quite put my finger on it.

'Maybe he just has one of those faces'

I go back over to the group but before I get there I'm scooped up off the floor. I cry out in confusion until I realise it's just my best friend since kindergarten.

"Bradshaw!! PUT.ME.DOWN!" I punch his back with every word.

He chuckles and puts me down. I glare up at him unimpressed.

"Good to see you too 'clutch' " he laughs

"I'm glad you're here 'Rooster' " I smile

The night goes on and it's a blast. Being all together again is wonderful. Phoenix and I are walking when we hear the bell ring again.
We burst out laughing as 'Hangman', 'Payback' and 'Coyote' carry the same older man out of the bar closing the door.

I then hear the piano keys sing. I look over and it's 'Rooster'. Of course it is.

You shake my nerves and you rattle my brain

I shake my head smiling at how predicable this man is.

too much love dries a man insane

Phoenix and I run over to the piano with the others.

you broke my will, oh what a thrill

We all sing

GOODNESS GRACIOUS GREAT BALLS OF FIRE

Every single person in the bar sings with us.