Chapter 3

Matthew's POV

It was now lunchtime. As if on cue, my stomach rumbled. I got in the lunch line to the cafeteria. Cheeseburgers, fries, and chocolate pudding were on the menu. I got my tray, and sat down.

"Hi, can I sit with you?"

It was the redhead from earlier. My heart skipped a beat, as soon as my eyes were glued to her cherry tomato hair, and her ocean, blue eyes. It was as if I was staring at a mermaid off the coast of Cape Cod.

"Hello, are you there?" asked the redhead.

Snapping out of my reverie, I nodded, and she sat down with her lunch tray, next to me. "What's your name?" I asked.

"Sapphire Anderson," she replied, taking a bite of her burger.

"I'm Matthew Harrison," I said, taking a bite of my burger as well. "Where did you move here from?"

"Leominster," said Sapphire, drinking her carton of chocolate milk. "What about you?"

"I'm from here. "Were you born and raised here in Massachusetts?"

"Of course, silly!" Sapphire giggled. "You?"

"Yes, I was," I said.

"My mother is from Boston, and my father is from Pennsylvania," said Sapphire, eating her fries.

"Both my parents are Massachusetts natives," I said, eating my chocolate pudding.

"Dude, what about the rest of your burger and fries?" asked Sapphire.

"I'll get back to eating them, don't worry!" I chuckled.

"Well, I'm saving my chocolate pudding for last!" Sapphire said, with a smirk.

We both finished our lunches, and discarded our trays. The bell rang, and we both went our separate ways. It stinks we don't have the same classes.

I was now in Study Hall, with Mrs. Patel. "If you need any help, let me know," she said, in her heavy Indian accent. She was originally from India.

"Okay," I said. I quickly did my Math and Science homework. I started to lose focus, cause now, I have a crush on Sapphire.

Should I take her out on a date?

A/N Hey guys! Here is the 3rd chapter! What did you think of the conversation between Matthew and Sapphire during lunch? What do you think will happen next? Don't be a silent reader. Please show some love and support by voting, leaving feedback, and sharing this story with others! Thanks guys! Love you all!!! ❤✨❤✨❤✨