Beginning - But Not Really

Copyright © 2023 by Dagget

All rights reserved.

No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the publisher, except as permitted by U.S. copyright law.

The story, all names, characters, and incidents portrayed in this production are fictitious. No identification with actual persons (living or deceased), places, buildings, and products is intended or should be inferred.

Book Cover by to be determined

if you find this anywhere other than Wattpad, LEAVE! i only write on Wattpad so it is stolen.

all the songs: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/0VIP3UawbAwLoLJmk87v7H?si=fdca8a2ed709426d

Song Credit: Lets Go! by Poor Man's Poison

                                                                 Yurus

I was calmly sitting in the corner of a bar when I was hugged from behind. "Hey cutie" the culprit says as a snub-nose is pressed to my chin and I could feel rust rubbing off on me. 'she was at most seventeen by the sound of her voice' "What is he paying you?" I ask, and Her grasp on my body lessens slightly as I feel her head shift to the side and warm air blow down my neck from her nose. My eyes travel to where she is facing and I notice a lavishly dressed man watching us with his hand on the ivory handle of a revolver at his hip, and in the blink of an eye I shove the girl's face to the floor with my arm, snatching the snub-nose from her hand at the same time.

The room erupts into panic as she slowly lifts herself up from the ground, and as the room empties I see her for the first time. She was a fair malnourished looking brunette with teary turquoise eyes and unkempt hair. She was wearing a filthy roughspun tunic and trousers. please don't she mouths glancing at the man who was now standing up from his seat. I looked from her to the man multiple times before finally landing on him. my arm flips the gun to his head and my shot is fired before he can take his own. As he drops down to the floor dead, blood pouring from the hole in his face, my whole body begins to feel numb and i black out.

I woke up in a cold dark cell with the same girl from before atop me staring into my crimson eyes. "your eyes are beautiful and, sorry for what I did back there... I had no choice." she said, but I didn't process what she said as I was still feeling fuzzy, and felt like I could vomit at any moment. "Get off" I responded, trying to stand up but collapsing moments later. Looking around the room I noticed there was a single wooden cot attached to the side of one of the walls.

'what happened to me?' she answered my thoughts with a "yes master" as she crawled away. "oh" I thought out loud. "she was marked." "what was that?" I hear her mumble as I lay down and drift into sleep once more.

When I wake up it's bright and there's banging on the bars to my right, "food!" a hoarse voice hollers and I jolt up seeing a large man with greasy black hair and a stubble. He was holding a whip and clad in thick stiff leather. "heh! gets um ev'ry time." he chuckles to himself as he slides a tray through a slot. I try to get up and grab it but my legs feel weak and I collapse.

She looks to me and sits up, stretching over to the door and grasping the tray in her hands as she brigns it over to me. "no you eat first." I told her. "What's your name?" she asked me. "Yurus, my, my name is Yurus." "I'm Kim." she responds with a smile.