CH 15. Calm Before the Storm

Beginne am Anfang

"Good to see you awake. Thought it might take longer for you to wake up," the woman remarked, her voice carrying a calm demeanor amid the silence in the room.

Chanyeol, his gaze unwavering, offered a subtle smile. "Took your time waking me up. Now, mind shedding some light on where 'here' is and who you happen to be?”

The woman's solid composure remained, but there was slight mocking tone in her voice, "Took you quite a nap, didn't it? Well anyways, Welcome to your little nightmare.”

Another person barged in, contrasting the stoic woman with his agitated entrance. He resembled an angry bird, immediately yelling upon seeing the calm duo.

It was none other than Hwang Jae Hyun who was the only Reagent left under Master Kang.

Jae hyun’s face contorted with frustration. "What's going on here Jung Mina? Why is he is so calm? Did you forget we're supposed to be intimidating him?"

[ Reagent Jung Mina, Leader of the Crimson Rose Coven under Master Joon Sik ]

Jung Mina who was sent here to capture Chanyeol didn't even acknowledge Jae Hyun as she pulled out a set of handcuffs.

Ignoring the loud protests of Jae Hyun, the woman focused on Chan. Retrieving a set of handcuffs, she calmly secured him.

Standing up, she faced Jae Hyun, who shot her an agitated look. "Just because we're forced to work together doesn't mean I'll tolerate your attitude!" he barked, frustration evident in his tone.

Jung Mina rolled her eyes as she got close to Jae Hyun. “You should keep that in mind, it's just a forced partnership. If it was not that, you won't be standing here barking like some dog”

Chanyeol who silently watched Jae Hyun fume like a red angry bird his curiousity increased as he stared at the back of the woman who finally made him leave the room.

As they walk silently Jung Mina dragging Chanyeol out of the room and that's when he saw the place he was being locked.

There were rooms just like his, the corridor was narrow and the walls were tall. It looked like he was in some kind of prison.

But what prison was this and where? It's so isolated, not a single person was here, no sound of slaves wanting to be free, no guards to guard the place so what is this place and why was he brought here out of all places?

“Curious fella aren't you?” she said cutting the uncomfortable silence.

Chanyeol hummed, “I am curious about the place”

Jung Mina halted turning to face Chanyeol. In the dim light of the corridor she looked even paler. Two sets of cannies drugged in her upper lip as she observed him.

“Hold onto your curiosity for some time. You will be out of here after your trial is over” she said before turning around and dragging him again.

“What did I do to be brought here like this?” He asked. Chanyeol does know why he was brought here, because they think he was the one who has the pheonix but he still wanted to know more.

Mina shrugged. “I don't have any idea. Our Master have gotten orders and we are just following them”

Chanyeol’s gaze turned even more suspicious. “Why are you being honest with me?” he wondered.

Mina didn't stop neither she turned around. “My Little brother was saved by you. I am just returning the favour. Don't misunderstand”

Chanyeol brows knitted in confusion. Her little brother? He tried to recall ever saving a Vampire but he was met with a blank.