Prologue

Ash Ketchum and Pikachu were relaxing under a tree in Professor Oak's Lab, enjoying the tranquility of the moment while rain poured down from the cloudy sky.

"Hey, Pikachu."

"Pika?"

Pikachu looked at Ash, who had his gaze fixed on the sky above.

"I'm glad we met back then," Ash said with a genuinely happy expression. "You were not only my first starter, but you were also the first Pokémon I got that started everything we've been through, from the beginning of our journey until now."

Ash then pulled out all the pictures he had taken during their adventures, showcasing moments with all of his companions.

"We've met so many kinds of people, and looking back at it makes me miss those days."

True to his word, Ash remembered all kinds of adventures he had gone through in his journeys—friends, rivals, and all sorts of people who made his journey enjoyable.

"Ash!"

A familiar voice echoed from above, reminiscent of their time in Kalos.

Both trainer and Pokémon looked up to see a green and black legendary Pokémon they had encountered in Kalos, Zygarde, along with its smaller form, known as Squishy. But what caught their attention even more was the Pokémon beside Squishy, riding atop Zygarde.

When Pikachu and Ash finally got a clear sight, their eyes widened in shock at the Pokémon with them—it was his Greninja.

"No way!? Greninja!"

"Pika-Pika!!"

As Greninja gracefully hopped off and landed on the ground, Ash and Pikachu rushed towards it, embracing Greninja tightly after being reunited.

"It's been a while, Greninja. What are you three doing here in Kanto now?"

"Ash, we came here to bring Greninja back to you."

Hearing that, Ash and Pikachu looked at Greninja in disbelief.

"Wait, does that mean you finally took care of those roots back in Kalos?!"

Zygarde nodded in confirmation. "Yes, Ash. Greninja's job has officially finished, and we decided to bring him back to his rightful owner—back to you, Ash."

Ash and Pikachu's eyes sparkled with excitement. "This is great! Welcome back, Greninja!"

Zygarde began to fly away. "Now that we've fulfilled our task, we will return to Kalos. Until we meet again, Ash Ketchum!"

"Goodbye, Zygarde! Squishy!"

"Pikachu!!"

As the Kalos legendary Pokémon disappeared from sight, Ash turned to Greninja, pulling out an empty blue and red Pokéball—a Great Ball.

"Welcome back, Greninja. Because I left you back in Kalos due to your duty in destroying those roots, I officially released you back then."

Ash showed Greninja the Great Ball. "And this Great Ball resembles us, with the colors blue and red. So let's do this like before!"

"Ninja!" Greninja nodded affirmatively.

Greninja fist-bumped with Ash's Great Ball and entered it. After the ball shook three times and emitted starry effects, Ash finally caught his long-lost Greninja.

"Welcome home, Greninja."

A Few Hours Later

"Mom, I'm home!"

"Welcome back, Ash! Dinner is almost ready."

Delia, Ash's mother, was preparing dinner at the table with Mr. Mime.

"Okay, Mom! Oh yeah, I almost forgot."

Ash pulled out the Great Ball and released Greninja.

"Mom, I brought Greninja with us today for dinner."

"Greninja!"

"Oh? Is this your Greninja from Kalos?"

Ash, Pikachu, and Greninja nodded in unison.

"That's right, Mom! He came back after finishing his duty to destroy those roots in Kalos."

Delia beamed. "That's great news, Ash! Nice to meet you, Greninja. I'm Ash's mom. It's nice to meet one of Ash's Pokémon."

"Ninja!" Greninja replied happily.

"Let's have dinner now!"

Ash sat at the table with his mom and Mr. Mime, while Pikachu and Greninja sat on the floor after being given Pokémon food by Mr. Mime.

"Thank you for the meal!"

Everyone began to eat their respective foods, enjoying every moment of it.

After a few minutes passed, Delia initiated a conversation with Ash.

"Ash, do you have any plans for the future?"

After Ash swallowed his food, he replied, "I don't have a plan for now, Mom. After every adventure I've been through, I don't know what else to do now that I've already become the world monarch."

"Is that so? Well, I guess you're in luck."

Delia pulled out a letter from her pocket and gave it to Ash.

"What is this, Mom?"

Delia smiled as she explained, "That's an invitation letter to the Indigo Academy, Ash. I decided to enroll you in one of the academies in Kanto to give you a different kind of experience. Luckily, the academy accepted you with ease."

Ash read the letter and saw that he had indeed been accepted to the academy, which made him happy.

"Thanks, Mom! You're the best!"

Ash looked further to see more information. "So the school starts in two days."

"You need to get ready to pack your clothes, Ash, because you'll have to sleep in a dorm there. And after you left for Professor Oak's place, we got your school uniform inside your bedroom."

"That's great!"

Ash looked at Pikachu and Greninja, who were also listening to the conversation.

"Pikachu, Greninja, are you up for another adventure?"

Both Pokémon cried out in agreement.

With that confirmation, Ash, Pikachu, and Greninja had a new adventure waiting for them.

Author's Note:

Hey, guys! Thank you so much for reading.

I know Ash wasn't supposed to appear in "Horizon," but I wanted to create a fanfic of it, so here it is.

As for whether the Team Rocket trio will show up in this fanfic, I'm thinking of not bringing them in, but I will consider adding them at some point.

Anyway, did you guys enjoy the Pokémon Horizon story so far? I loved every moment of "Horizon," and I'm happy to share it.

(Note: I've corrected the grammar and some minor phrasing issues for clarity and readability.)