21: Only The Best And The Bravest

Começar do início

A girl with neon green stripes in her hair emerged from the crowd. She looked cocky, too confident that it would go well. She looked around and she closed her eyes. Slowly her hand glowed a dark shade of green and as she opened her eyes it became clear that they were the same colour also. Dark green colour, like an emerald. She still smirked in confidence yet that smirk faded once she realised that power was out of control. It became bigger and brighter with parts of it were being broken off into little balls of energy. They sprouted out and went off in every direction. Blowing things up as they hit desks, shelves, walls and people.

"Control it!" Lesso yelled looking very unfazed as one hand leant on the desk, holding her head up and the other placed on her cane, which she held up right.

The girl didn't listen and her power continued to spiral out of control as the orb of power started to migrate to both of her hands. Lady Lesso sighed realising this would not be resolved soon. Therefore she did what ever guessed would happen, hence why had started to panic.

"No wait I can fix this. Give me a second!" The girl pleaded already knowing what Lady Lesso's plan was yet that didn't stop her. Lady Lesso from cranking the lever and the floor opened up as it had done many times in the past week and a bit. The girl fell through the trapdoor with a blood curdling scream. Lady Lesso rolled her eyes at the girls over reaction and cranked the lever back to close the door.

"Who is going next?" She asked scouring the classroom for her next victim. "Hmmm how about we let the star of the class go next, Anastasia? why don't you show everyone your development in your talents,"

"Is that not what special talents are for?" Ana asked still grinning at her test result and possibly trying to provoke the Dean. It was a Friday morning, she was bored. Yep sounds like a good morning activity to me. Well minus the endlessly trapped floor.

"I never asked what class you were in. I asked you to showcase where you've gotten," Lady Lesso demanded

"I have not progressed at all Lad-" Ana was about to finish before she was interrupted.

"Show. Case. What. You. Have." Lady Lesso gritted her teeth trying not to make the Friday even more torturous than it already was, and not in the good way.

Ana got up and took her coat off before she walked into the middle of the room. She avoided all the known trapdoors in this classroom. (Seriously the amount of people going through the floor is very concerning. They clearly haven't had an Ofstead visit in a very long time) Either way she got into the middle-ish of the room and she closed her eyes. Breathing in and out. She tried to connect to her powers, like Lady Lesso had demonstrated. She held her arm out scared for it to burst into flames at any moment.

"Your can't be scared of your powers! You use them to be feared. Provoke fear in others not yourself," Lady Lesso raised her voice not helping at all. She was right though. Ana was terrified of her powers. Waking up at night to her arms burning isn't the best experience in the world. "Anastasia, magic follows emotion. Think of a time you were so angry or scared and you wanted to defend yourself,"

"She sounds like Professor Dovey," A student in the classroom whispered but loud enough for the whole room to still hear.

Lesso was about to intervene but instead Ana said "Have you got any good advice? Do you wanna try and do this?" The student went silent "that is what I thought. Now let me focus,"

Ana's eyes stayed closed as she nodded. She had no idea what to think about. She tired to think of the dream but it had not effect anymore. She thought of her father's yelling but that was more annoying than aggravating. She then thought of how Dovey had just abandoned Lesso. Yes she saw it all. The heart break it cause her Dean. She was meant to be the Dean of good and it didn't seem like that at all. She thought of how angry it made her, how maybe she cause it to happen and how happy they were before. She was angry. Yes, at Dovey but also at herself. The rage was subtle but built and built till finally, tick.

Ana opened her eyes to find her pointer finger was lit on fire. "Cool," Ana laughed as she lit the few of Lesso's candles that had gone out. She giggled before blowing the finger. She looked back at Lady Lesso and she was not impressed but not entirely dissatisfied. Still disappointed but not as much as she had been previously.

"Sit down before you end up with the same fate as whatever her name was," Lesso said now bored and disappointed in her classes talents. Ana quickly sat back down and put her jacket back on. Feeling warmer she looked back up to Lesso who continued to talk "Now I am quite frankly bored of all of your talents. Control them and show me your progression tomorrow," the class mumbled at the assignment and wondered how they would get the results Lady Lesso wanted in one night.

"How are we meant to-" another student started before Lady Lesso pulled the lever again and the student dropped into the trap door from their seats. Making everyone now very aware of the square outline around their chairs.

"You will never realise this but it is for your own good if you want to do your school proud in the trail by tales," Lady Lesso announced "Over the next few weeks we will train 10 of the best evil students to go up against goods best. 5 girls and 5 boys," Again chatter erupted from the class. Excited to see who would be in the trail but when Lesso put her hand back onto the lever the class quickly became quiet "Now this is where our grading system starts and becomes very helpful. Every lesson you will be graded 1 through 20. Students ranked within the first 10 in the whole school will represent us. This is not just within your year group, you are competing with every single student in the school for evil,"

"Woah!," one student exclaimed.

"I'm totally gonna win," another said

"I bet the second years will try to beat us. You seen how they look down on us," Chris said to Raven

"Can you blame them. They almost had a fairytale written about them. They were in first year as well. No wonder," Raven replied in a whisper.

"Quiet!" Lesso yelled "Or I will send you all to the doom room!" It would be no surprise that the room was now silent "Now the discussion of who will be in the trials will not be had for another few weeks. This will be to give you a chance to prove yourselves. Only the best and the bravest will accomplish being in the trails. You will be able to accomplish this after you receive your finger glow,"

"What's a finger glow?" Jay asked from the corner of the room.

"If you let me finish every once in a while I will tell you!" Lesso raised her voice towards Jay who coward back into his seat "your finger glow is the source of your power. You can learn any spell you can put your mind to, helping you become the best villain to ever live. Well only the selected few will get that title," it was then that the wolves howled to signal the end of the lesson "Now get out of my sight, all of you," She looked at Ana not with a sour or angry look it was something of pure rage. I mean the Dean expected the girl to stay after class, she wasn't wrong. Lesso had read Anas thoughts and yes she was intending to stay to ask what happened. That was very much changed the money Lesso said that. All Ana could do was look back at the Dean wondering what her problem was. She seemed to have been different since last week. Maybe it was sleepless nights due to work overload, the dean of both good and evil had had an argument or maybe it was a feeling of uselessness as her students would never make it to main characters in a story. You would hope she would talk to someone about his but sadly you'd be wishing if you think Lady Lesso would ever tell anyone anything.