Chapter 7: Who are You?

Sitting down at the table, the Madrigal Family was calmly eating their breakfast minus Julieta who went to wake up Isabela and Camilo only to find them gone from their beds.

She spent four minutes searching for them throughout the Casita and she went back to the dining table, hoping to see them sitting there but she was wrong.

Dismayed, Julieta groans in frustration. "Ugh, Dolores." She called out, and Dolores hummed in response, her cheeks puffy from the food she was eating. "Hm?"

"Do you know where Camilo and Isabela are? I can't find them anywhere." Everyone looked at Julieta, their curiosity now peaked. "They're not in their rooms?" Pepa asked, Julieta shook her head. "No."

Swallowing her food Dolores answered, "The reason you can't find them is because they're not here." Everyone turned their gaze to her, Pepa gave her daughter a look as she spoke, "What do you mean they're not here?"

"Camilo and Isabela decided to go searching for Antonio and Mirabel. They left last night."

"WHAT?!"

"Dolores, why didn't you say anything!?" Pepa asked. "Because if I did you would have tried to stop them. And Isabela and Camilo had made up their minds and nothing was going to stop them." Dolores answered.

Alma sighs in frustration, she rubs her temple. "This is horrible, I just finished smoothing things over with the Guzmáns and convinced them to do a redo proposal but now I have to tell them that the bride-to-be is gone!"

Pepa and Felix looked at Alma with dark scowls, the former's cloud grew bigger and began to thunder. Sniffing indignantly, Dolores's expression mirrored her parents.

Agustín and Julieta sighed exasperatedly, shaking their heads in dismay while Luisa whimpered as she bowed her head sorrowfully.

"Alma forgives me, but I think losing 2/3 of our children is a little more important than whether Isabela is going to be married to Manolo or not." Felix huffed firmly.

Muttering under her breath, Pepa's cloud continued to get worse as her anxiety at losing two more of her family rose. "They could be in horrible danger." Felix held his wife. "It's alright mi amor."

"They're fine. I helped them back the essentials, including Tia Julieta's sharpest knives in case they cannot use their magic." Dolores said.

She looks at her aunt with a sheepish, apologetic smile. "I'll be sure to buy you a new set."

Julieta blinked; she looked at her niece with a blank expression as she reflected on her words. "Huh..." She uttered, neither mad nor surprised. "So that's where my knives went."

Back in London, what happened yesterday was of course still fresh in everyone's minus. Moreover, there were rumors that priceless Greek statues that had arrived just last night had been stolen as well.

Currently, there was a large group of reporters outside the police station where the Scotland Yard's Inspector General was addressing everyone.

"Inspector, any arrests been made?"

"A prime suspect?"

The clamoring continued; the Inspector puffed up his chest as he spoke. "What we have here is an act of piracy and an investigation is underway."

"Inspector! What about witnesses?" The Inspector held up his hand. "All I can say is that there have been some injuries, and artifacts bound for the British Museum have been stolen. That is all."

"What about witness reports of something supernatural?"

It took a great amount of willpower for the Inspector not to scoff for what was possibly the millionth time. Yesterday, he had to endure countless people spouting nothing but nonsense about magic and he has about had it.