Chapter 3: Reflection

"Why are we at the ocean?" Melinda asked.

That's right, after 5 days on the road, they had made it to the ocean. Copernicus beeps and whistles.

"We'll have to fly the rest of the way." Seng proclaimed. "What?" Melinda frowns as she thinks about her fall. "Do we have to? I haven't really gotten the hang of it yet."

Hearing a horn, Melinda looked out to see a cargo boat driving away from the beach. "Look a boat! That must mean there's a dock somewhere close. Why don't we sneak aboard one."

"That'll take too long. Depending on the ship, it can take up to 10 days to get to where we're going. But if we fly, we'll get there in less than 10 hours." Seng explained.

Melinda looked at him astounded that he really expected her to keep up with flying for 10 hours straight!?

"10 HOURS?! Are you loco? I can't fly for that long!"

"You won't have to fly all the way. Copernicus could carry you once you start to get tired."

Huffing, Melinda turns her back to them. "Come on Melinda, it's either we fly or get stuck in a confined space for a week and 3 days. And if we just road on the back of Copernicus it would take ages."

Groaning, Melinda turns her head to the sky as she relented and yelled, "Fine!" Turning around, she sighs, tired. "This Edred fellow better be worth it and have the answers I'm looking for."

"Alright then, let's be off!" Seng proclaimed as he flew off with Melinda sighing as she concentrates and managed to lift herself off the ground, following after him with Copernicus.

Back at Encanto, the citizens went about their business like normal, but it was clear that things were very tense.

The townspeople were worried about the magic, and the Casita, which seemed to get a new crack almost every hour.

And Alma had the Madrigal family go about their daily lives like normal. But it was hard for them as their minds were only thinking of their missing family members and the disastrous gifting ceremony.

And this early morning, the Madrigals were eating outside.

It was mostly in silence, but Alma shown had something to say. "Madrigals, I have an announcement." She stood up from her seat and walked over to Isabela and stood behind her.

"I have spoken to the Guzmáns about Mariano's proposal to Isabela." Alma lightly cups Isabela's chin, who smiles in return.

"Mama, are you sure? I mean after everything with Antonio's gifting ceremony—" Julieta tried to say but Alma cuts her off. "I am sure, if we falter then the people's stress will intensify."

"Things are already tense as they are. And there is only so much Camilo can do on his own."

Camilo face lightly twitched as he bows his head in shame.

She smiles proudly. "What we need to give is something that will lift everyone's spirits for the time being. And what better than Isabela's long-awaited wedding."

Isabela's face lightly twitched for a second before she put on a smile when Alma looked at her with a confident smile.

Alma then looked at Dolores, who was silently eating. "Dolores, do we have a date?" Dolores tilts her head to listen. "Tonight...he wants five babies."

Her jaw dropping to the floor, Isabela had a horrified expression on her face as small pink flowers popped on her head.

Dolores looked at Isabela with a small miseviously smirk that went unnoticed by the family, and she went back to eating her food.