Chapter 2

I felt a cold breeze fly through the shop windows as I sat there on this disgusting stool.

 I only stayed at this wretched place because I wanted to fulfill my great grandfather's legacy- I hated- no, despised this place. 

It was cold, moldy, and every time i breathed I smelled rotten meat and garbage. 

I've been looking for an employee for 7 months. 

I am a single breath away from selling this horrid place. 

But, I have to stay here.

 I can't let grandfather and Cecilia's sacrifices go to waste.

 Not yet. 

I have an interview at 9:00 today, so hopefully they'll actually show up, unlike those bitch no-shows. 

The guy's name was... Sid? Shane? Simon. Yes! Simon. His resume was.. Interesting. 

I do not give two fucks if he's the lousiest, most fucking horrible human being ever; i just need an employee. 

I refuse to touch this dump without someone being here to witness my death; even if it's for good research. 

I had nothing to do- I had just been sleeping or scrolling through my phone the whole time I've been here.

All I could do was ponder.

 Sit there with my thoughts. 

My extremely, non-intelligent, thoughts.

I just needed to break this chain. 

I needed to break free of this hellhole. 

I felt cold air pass through me as the door opened.

 I didn't even look up I was; sorry, am so fucking tired.

 "Uh- Hello. I'm here for the uh.. Interview?"

 his words didn't seem to register very well. 

"Okay, give me one moment to grab the papers..."

God, I was so tired.

I quickly looked up at him to not seem rude, and holy fucking shit

This man was so fucking hot.

 As I looked at the tall figure in front of me, and my eyes visibly widened. 

My demeanor immediately changed, as if he just presented me with a billion dollars. I gave him a fake smile, and tried to seem professional.

 "Here's your application sheet, make sure to go over everything and please answer each question honestly. There is no 'talking' part to this interview so don't feel obligated to say anything."

nailed it. 

"Oh- thank you." 

he gave me a small smile back.

I couldn't keep my eyes off him- he had even noticed and asked me to 'stop staring please..';  and I really did try to stop staring.

I tried to focus on anything other than him;

the wall, the floor, the mold. It didn't work. My eyes just kept wandering back to him, who was furrowing his brows or straightening his glasses.. So mesmerizing.. So mesmerizing that I almost didn't notice him handing in his paper. 

I gave him another smile and quickly averted my gaze to the form, excitedly reading whether or not this man would be working with me- Every day.

 I smiled, extremely happily. "You seem like a perfect fit for this job! Excuse me for my prior rudeness, my name is Gabriel Tipton. I'm pleased to have you here for this work opportunity- more than you realize.." I muttered, trying to maintain my composure.