00. Prologue°

DISCLAIMER: This story will contain boy on boy romance (can anything be called romantic with Klaus Mikaelson?) so if you don't like that, turn back now and preserve your innocence. For those of you who don't care, carry on.

As I sat there, in the plantation house, staring at him, it became clear. I only realized at that exact moment, when he was thinking about what to do next, only moments after he'd daggered Elijah.

I was in love with him. And if I thought back hard enough, I'd know that this didn't just recently happened. I'd been in love with him since the day I'd been sired. I'd been in love with him even after all I'd seen him do, to the doppelgangers, the Salvatores... Everyone. I'd fallen in love with a monster.

I only understood why now. Why I was so loyal, why I always looked past the error in his ways, why no matter how much blood he'd shed, I always stayed by his side. I used to think it was because he made me, because I was sired but now I know.

"Why are you staring at me?" He asked in that accent of his, superiority leaking from every pore. Even though he wasn't in charge anymore, he was still in charge. It was just a matter of time, in my eyes.

"I was just noticing, you're rather handsome," I replied. His face didn't change and if I stared hard enough, I could see the walls going up already. I hadn't moved an inch yet he was so ready to push me away. Because of that, I stepped closer to him. I'd expected him to shy away but he just stood there, his composure never faltering. It was only when I was inches away from his face that I'd heard him quietly draw in a breath.

I took great pleasure in knowing that I could still make him uneasy, that even the slightest teasing touch could make him crumble. He may have been an original, but he was still a man.

Since he had yet to stop me, I leaned into him, my intentions very clear. A centimeter away, he took action. I was pushed, not roughly but hard enough so is get his message. Back off. I didn't push him, standing there with a few good feet between us.

"You're pathetic," he said and I fought the urge to wince.

"You are no better," I didn't want to roll my eyes at him but I found that was one urge that was too strong to resist.

"Excuse me?"

"Look at yourself, Klaus. Everything you worked for, everything you and your siblings built has been taken away from you by a vampire you sired. That's pathetic, not a vampire trying to kiss you."

I thought it a bit brash of me to say but he didn't comment back, shaking his head at me and leaving the room. I sighed under my breath. What did I just do?