Silence is Deafening

Songs for this chapter:
1.Best day of my life
2. Private landing
3.slumber party by Britney
—————————————————
Elizabeth's POV:

I was so nervous on the
Way to the mall, I've never been there. So, for all I knew he was going to drive to nowhere. But at last we made it. Caro's not too bad. He just needs to stop being such an ego maniac. He got the door for me which not going to lie, I was not expecting. We got out and walk to the entrance.

With a gust the sliding doors open and the smell of food filled the air. I looked over to Caro who happens to be walking close enough that we were practicing touching.The guy looks slightly uncomfortable. He's so weird. One moment he's confident but next he's like a kid who's waiting for his mom to come back to the check out after forgetting something.

"so where to first? How about hot topic you seem like a guy who's secretly emo and listens to tonight will be the night- "
he cuts be off "don't you dare finish those lyrics"

He turned to me and said looking me up and down "you look more like you belong there more than I do. Oh and it's on the 2nd floor if your looking for more red dye." And he started towards the nearest elevator.

I stood there for a second and it hit me quickly I sped walked after him. "Hold on! Are you making fun of my hair?" I ask him a hit of annoyance seeping from my voice.

"Actually, yes." He said like he was stating the sky was blue.

"Oh really? And what gives you the right to make fun of my hair?" I say getting slightly irritated.  At least I was different. most men have the exact same haircuts and it's rarely unique.

"Because your hair would be lovely If you didn't dye it. I'm guessing something happened in your life, and you said I can't control it so ima change what I can control and go dye my hair a bright red color to prove I'm different?"
He looked at me blankly.

The elevator dinged and we got in he pressed 3 and it lit up. Down we go. I glare at him for the entire ride.

This elevator ride has been shitty. How does he think that he has the audaci- I stop mid thought. He's right though. I did have something happen that's why I changed it. How did he even know that. As if he could read my thoughts. It dings Floor 2.

"Stunned I know that, firecracker? It's ok I think you pull it off unlike most girls. You don't over do it it's just there." He said looking up this time at the ceiling like he was embarrassed to admit it.  I smile "You're a dick you know that." I say playfully.
We lock eyes like he wants to says something but thinks better of it. The door opens to the lowest level he breaks contact first and walks out.

We walk for a good 5 minutes in silence. I hate silence so I grab his sleeve. He turns to face me he's a good foot taller than me being this close to him is so weird the first day I met him I would have been happy to never see him again but now that we're in a mall and he's being dead silent. I don't like it.

" ok enough of this are we going to get to know each other or hang out in silence? And fyi I hate silence." I say not hiding my slight attitude.

"Alright what do you want to talk about. Sports, movies, pretty pink princesses? I don't really hang out with people let alone girls, so forgive me."  He sounds awkward but also irritated saying it like it was embarrassing. How is he embarrassed he asked me to go to the mall with him where is mr finger guns from school?

"How's this why don't we play a game?" He raised an eyebrow

"Oh what kind of game?" He said in a mischievous way.

"Oh hush, Not like that. Your such a guy. It's something I usually do alone its people watching." I grab his arm and hook it in mine trying to act confident, it's working ,he walks with me to the nearest bench and we sit side by side in the middle of the mall. It's jam pact.
"Ok, so, what to you do is you sit and watch people. As they walk by you make up scenarios about their life, and if there talking to people you make what there talking about as absurd as possible." I say. two men across the room from us talk one is pointing at a ring.
" Example A : the guy in the brown suit is talking to he other guy about how he wants to marry this girl from the strip club he met last night. But he doesn't even know her name." And I start giggling hysterically i look over at Caro who looks at me like I have two heads. "Come on that's funny." Slowly his expression changes.