Chapter 9 - Accusations

Jimin's unconscious state remained for the whole day. And once he had woken up, he hadn't been able to speak for a long time. His mind was worse than a mess. He tried to look for answer about when and how did he help that man, whose name he didn't even remember now.

The boys too were disturbed by the incident. But that didn't stop them from running to their best friend's rescue. They had brought Jimin to Hoseok's dormitory, for it was the closest in the university gate, and had remained by his side the whole day. Mr Choi too visited them two times. With a lot of difficulty, Jin and Namjoon had managed to narrate the whole incident. Soon the fear and worry was evident on his face too.

Yoongi and Hoseok didn't leave Jimin's side. One of them had stayed if the other had to go out for some reason. Jungkook, however, hadn't spoken at all. And this worried Taehyung. He tried his best to make him talk. He spoke to him, assured him and even tried to pick a fight, but all in vain.

It wasn't until midnight when they had reached their dormitory that Jungkook spoke to him.
'Tae', his voice shuddered in fear. 'What was that', he thought maybe his heart was going to be ripped out of his chest. The way the man emerged from the lake, the way he laughed and the way he uttered his name, Jungkook wasn't going to forget this day his whole life. Nyxophilion- a strange name indeed. He had never heard of it nor understood what it meant. In his nightmares, he never heard the man speaking. He had just heard him laugh.

Taehyung didn't know what to say or what to do. He could only imagine the extent of fright Jungkook experienced when he saw his nightmare coming true. Jimin was still unconscious. Namjoon and Jin's state too was pretty unstable. Not able to think anymore, he sat down on a chair with a thud sound and placed his head on the table. The way his head throbbed, he thought maybe his brain was going to burst anytime soon.

After a while, he felt a hand combing through his hair. Jungkook. He closed his eyes and tried his best to focus on the hand's movements in his hair. He couldn't help but a crack a small smile at the thoughtfulness of his best friend. Taehyung too extended his hand on the table until he got hold of Jungkook's other hand. He held the hand and gave it a light squeeze, a form of reassurance that he was there too whenever Jungkook needed him.

In such times of terror and fright, the best friends became each other's comfort. They became each other's safe place where their fears and anxieties vanished leaving away their vulnerable souls to be comforted by each other's presence.

Both of them decided to leave the lights on inside their dormitory bedroom. But finding sleep was still difficult. They both lay awake, for no one knows how long, but they had seen a faint morning light coming in through the window glass, before drifting off to sleep.

They must have slept for not more than four hours before they left the room to check up on Jimin.

When they knocked on the dormitory door, it was opened by Hoseok himself. The dark circles spoke of the sleep deprived night he had. Taehyung and Jungkook had insisted about spending the night with them and taking turns for sleeping, but Yoongi and Hoseok had been persistent. They didn't really need anyone else when they both were present in the room. And besides, they understood that Jungkook needed to rest the most. They didn't feel it was very safe to let him go without Taehyung.

When Taehyung and Jungkook entered, they came to witness a scene that made both of them extremely worried. Jimin stared at the wall behind them, his eyes blank and his expression stone-like. Yoongi stood there with a glass of water. He took a little time to notice the two new presence in the room.

And before Taehyung and Jungkook could ask anything, Hoseok spoke, 'He woke up around an hour ago. We were thinking if we should call you both, Namjoon and Jin hyung, but we were too worried about him. He refuses to eat, drink water, speak or even react'.