The Aftermath, Part 2

Start from the beginning

Chad's pov

I opened the door to our bedroom to see Katie watching a movie. I closed the door a little harder than I meant to.

"Hi da-"

"Get dressed." I interrupted her, not bothering to see if she listened. I went in the bathroom and locked the door, turning the shower on and practically ripping my clothes off. I stepped into the cold stream of water, letting the icy feeling seep into my veins. It was helping me feel less angry. I stood like that for a few minutes, letting the anger fade away. I needed to be able to talk to her when I got out. After a bit I soaped up and rinsed off, then got out and dried myself. I looked at myself in the mirror and mentally prepared myself to stay calm while I explained the situation to her.

I opened the bathroom door to see her sitting on the edge of the bed in a fresh change of clothes, sneakers, and her hair pulled back into a loose ponytail. She was such a good girl. She looked a bit scared, and I realized she should. I came in here radiating anger and she probably felt it. On my way to the closet I paused and kissed her forehead, trying to relieve some of her fear. Then I pulled a shirt over my head and put on some jeans and tennis shoes. When I was done I sat next to her on the bed.

"I'm sorry my love. I got some news that made me pretty upset. It concerns you, so I'm gonna explain it to you. Then we have to go somewhere." She nodded, looking apprehensive. I pulled her into my lap.

"Remember when the doctor took your blood last week?" She nodded, cringing at the memory. "Well they called me a little bit ago with the results. You have what's called Syphilis. It's an STD that you got from...him." Keep your cool. Don't get mad. "We have to go see a doctor so you can get treated, otherwise you'll get very sick. Once you do you should start feeling better, having less headaches and stuff. And you won't have to be isolated anymore."

She nodded and placed her on the ground as I stood up, offering her my hand. "Wait that's where we're going now?" she stopped short.

"Yeah baby. We can't waste any time, you need it asap." I urged.

"B-but I don't wanna go now."

I picked her up and started heading to the car. "We're just gonna get it over with. Then you can come home and play." She squirmed but it was useless and she knew it. I was much stronger than her.

"We'll be back." I stated to Mason and Mike as we passed them. They nodded their heads.

"Katie, stop squirming. You're going, whether you like it or not." I put her in her car seat and buckled her in while 2 of my guys sat in the back seat and passenger seat. I drove to the nearby clinic, about 15 minutes, and told them to wait by the car. We went inside and signed in, Katie silently pouting the whole time. Please. Just let this go smoothly. The waiting room/lobby had the reception desk with plexiglass, probably for COVID. It had a kids area but it was blocked off do reduce the spread of germs. They had a TV on mute playing HGTV-Why did they always play HGTV in these places? There were only a couple other people in the waiting room. I sat down next to Katie who was still pouting. Instead of scolding her, I picked up her hand and held it. She seemed to relax a little, but she didn't know what was coming.

After a few minutes we were called into the back. A tall male nurse led us down the hall and into a room on the right. He took Katie's blood pressure and heart rate, wrote it down, then pulled out a paper gown for her. "Please put this on, a doctor will be right in."

He left, and Katie picked up the clothes. It was shorts and a shirt made of the same material as the paper gown from the hospital. She looked at me, and I could see fear and anger in her eyes. I sighed. "Baby, I know this was sudden, but I made the appointment when they called me like, an hour ago. I'm not taking any chances, I want you better as soon as possible."