Bittersweet Discovery

️⚠️Violence later in the chapter! ⚠️

Some time later

Jessie's pov

I have no idea how long ago we had been kidnapped. It could have been days or weeks or months. We weren't allowed to use the phone or computer. Only the tv.

Mr. J kept a close eye on us but seemed to trust us more as time went on. He only locked our bedroom doors at night. After we moved to this new house though, I lost all hope of our daddies finding us. We would have to escape by ourselves. I looked at Katie. She was at the dining table coloring a picture. I was on the couch with cramps, but my period didn't come.

Mr. J brought me a cup of hot tea before going back to his computer. He put lots of sugar because he knew I liked it sweet. Before I could finish it, I felt suddenly really tired. I could barely keep my eyes open, and I drifted off to sleep.

Katie's pov

Jessie has been different since we got here. She super obedient but she's also eating weird. Some days she eats a whole bunch, and other days nothing at all. I spend most of the days coloring, napping, or watching tv. There wasn't much else to do. Whenever Mavis came over and Mr. J left, I got real quiet and obedient. I didn't want her to hurt me again.

I finished my picture and showed it to Mr. J. He smiled and nodded towards the fridge. "Go add it to the others. You did a great job."

I hung it on the fridge with a magnet and stepped back smiling. I love coloring. But it's hard with this giant cast, I can't really hold the pages down.

I sat back down, and Mr. J got up and walked over to Jessie. She had fallen asleep on the couch. He bent over and picked her up, heading for the stairs.

"Stay down here until you're done coloring, okay?" He instructed as I began a new picture.

I nodded, eyeing Jessie. She looked weird. Limp. Maybe she was super tired, but something was off. I went back to my coloring.

Mike's pov

It had been 2 weeks since the girls were taken. We hit dead end after dead end. It wasn't supposed to take this long to find them. We went to the apartment with the key fob, but the people at the front desk told us that Manta was no longer living there. He somehow knew we went to his place. He moved the girls. Since then, we lost all leads. Even shithead in the basement was done talking.

Rose was still crying every night, and all I could do was hold her. Sometimes I cried with her. Sometimes I heard Mason in the room next door. On some days he sounded pissed, like he was punching the pillow. Other days I heard him crying quietly. And Chad. Well Chad was pissed off more than any of us, mostly because the girls were under his supervision, and even with all his people and money, we couldn't find them.

We didn't know what to do anymore. We couldn't go to the police, because Chad's gang activities and Mason's "dealership" weren't exactly in line with the law. So, we kept looking for anything that could tell us where they were, but we were searching blind.

Jessie's pov

Some more time later

My cramps finally stopped. I started coloring with Katie while we watched tv, but we were getting bored. We had to get out of here. I had an idea but would have to get ahold of Mr. J's phone. I realized that Katie's cast is so hard it could be a weapon. I waited until he got up to go to the bathroom.

"Katie!" I whispered. "I have a plan!" She looked up at me from her coloring and waited for me to say more.

"If you hit him in the head hard enough with your cast, you could knock him out. Then we could go on his phone and send a text to one of our daddies and delete it from the history. They could track it and find us!" Katie's eyes lit up as she realized I was right. We could do this today!