CHAPTER 2...

Few hours later,Gary returned home as drunk as he could have ever been. He was holding a bottle of alcohol in his hand and he was smelling so badly. He couldn't even stand on his own and his eyes had become red. He started breaking things and started behaving like a LUNATIC...
I had to hold him till I got to his room but surprisingly upon how drunk he was, he carried me to his room and laid me down on his bed. He kept my hand under his head. Before I knew what was happening,he slept off and still held my hand so tightly so, I had no other option but to sleep there till the next morning...

THE NEXT DAY 🌞🌄...

*****. *****. *****.
The sun rose so brightly on that particular day and I woke up and Gary was still resting on my hand but I actually had a dream that I didn't really understand what it meant.

THE DREAM...

In an exclusive restaurant, I and Gary went out. It was such a sweet and romantic outing. Then all of a sudden, the whole place became dark,a man wearing black came out from his hiding place. Immediately he started shooting, everyone ran away and he started chasing me and he also wanted to shoot me with a gun. He kept saying these words:

"...How could you forget the
words you said... how could
you..."
I ran seriously for my dear life. I didn't even want to listen or mind what he was saying. I finally reached a dead end and he was coming closer and closer to me. I started crying and told him...

"Please leave me alone...
Please I beg you..."
But he kept on coming closer and closer and he didn't kill me again. But he told me:

"...I'll leave you this time but
if you don't want to see
me again,then go and fulfil
your promise to your father..."
Then I suddenly woke up after it told me those things. I went downstairs afterwards to get a glass of water to drink. So I went down the stairs and drank the a glass of water and immediately, I went to share this dream. I strolled back upstairs to Leni's room with the aim of telling the truth and nothing but all that I saw in that dream. I knocked at Leni's door and she opened up to me. I walked into her room and we both sat down on her bed______
"Well Alvirah! You look kinda worried, what's up?"she asked me.
"I had a very terrible dream last night"I replied to what she asked.
"Can this dream be shared?"she inquired from me.
"Well, it can though"I replied
" Then, spill the beans"she said in an idiomatic way.
" It happened when I and Gary went on some kind of a date___" I narrated the whole events of incidents that happened in the dream scenario. She reasoned out this dream with me and saw why I was so worried. The dream sounded pretty strange since she didn't know or have the knowledge of what had happened in the recent past.
" Huh! Did you make a promise to your father or to anyone and have failed to keep it?" She inquired from me. I didn't actually know the kind of answer to give to her because the question was pretty true.
" Yes! I suppose" I gave a slow but quick reply.
" Who did you make the promise to and what exactly was the detail of the promise?" She inquisitively questioned me.
" It happened so many years ago, when I was a child and I had a dream before I confirmed that my dad was dead" I gave her a brief narration of everything that happened exactly about 18 or 19 years ago. She felt sorry for me for loosing my dad at a very young age but there was nothing that she could do about it. I also started crying while explaining everything to her.
" Oh! I see what happened. You make a promise to your father to look after your family and you couldn't keep to the promise and because of that, you ran away from England. Am I right?" She summarized briefly.
" Yes. You are right indeed. That's whty I and Gary eloped here to avoid everything" I explained briefly to her as I stood up from the bed.
" Does Gary know about this?"she asked
" Yes he does. He knew about everything from when we were in Nottingham till Manchester. I told him everything that went on back then in college. I really didn't want to break the promise but due to those circumstances, I had to leave because I was so so confused on what to do" I told her about my predicament. Tears ran down from my eyes and I started crying not only because I lost my dad but because I couldn't fulfil the promise that I made to him.
Leni stood up as well and started consoling by patting me at my back. When we went to the sofa to sit down, she gave me a piece of advice_____
"Alvirah! You can't run away from the promise that you made to your dad. It is better you go back to England and fulfil the promise that you made to your dad"she adviced me in a nice manner. I thought of it.
" I can't go" I said as I stood up from the seat.
" Well! Why?" She inquired.
" I can't because I don't want to be stressed out as I was before"I said.
" See! You aren't being considerate at the moment. Your mum has only two and half years to live Alvirah! Think about for these remaining years, stay by her side she needs you right now Alvirah!" She told me. I thought about everything that she said logically and meticulously and I found what she said to actually be sensible.
" You are right. I'll go when the time is right but obviously not now. I can't go back to England now. I just can't. The troubles too much for me." I complained crying.
"Well Alvirah! I've told you what I could and I can't force you to do anything. You know that there's a saying that goes like this:
You can only take a horse
to the stream but can't force
the horse to drink water from it..." She quoted.
"It's better to go and fulfil the promise that you made to your father and try not to break it. I've warned you Alvirah" she adviced.
"Thanks alot Leni"I hugged her as I exited the room. I then thought deeply about what Leni had told me but all I could think was the negative side of everything.
"I can't leave Gary behind and go. He helped me all through. How can possibly leave him and go? No! I can't and I won't go. I can't do it. I may go maybe when mum dies" I soliloquized as I concluded and went my way...