"This is all we got. We worked hard for it." Alby said leaning on the bamboo railing looking at the new fresh meat. "You respect this place and you and everyone get along just fine."

Almost immediately the Greenie spoke.

"What's out there?" The Greenie pointed towards the open space in the tall surrounding walls. His hand slightly trembling.

Getting serious, Alby got up from resting on the bamboo railing and stood straight up.

"We only have 3 rules. First. Do your part. Second. Never harm another glader. This whole thing works by trust. And most importantly, never go beyond those walls. You hear me Greenie?" Alby said with the Greenie next to him nodding slightly. "You're not like the others. You're curious."

"Is that a good thing or bad thing?" The Greenie asked.

"That's your choice." Alby said.

"Hey Alby!" A voice came down from below. Peering over the edge, Alby and the Greenie looked down to find a young chubby boy squinting up smiling brightly with a hammock and rope in his arms. His brown curly hair and his dirty clothes made his personality straight away. He was just a kid. They all were.

"Hey Chuck!" Alby shouted back. "Where you been?"

•••••

"It's the same for all of us. Wake up in the box. Alby shows us around. Then we go along with it." Chuck said setting up the Greenies hammock for him. Turning around Chuck realised the Greenie was walking straight for the tall walls. No sorry. Towards the open tall walls. Quickly, Chuck ran after him finally catching up with him.

"Dude what are you doing? You can't go near here?" Chuck asked tugging at his arm to go back.

"Just relax I just want to look." The Greenie reassured Chuck.

"Let's go back." Chuck said. The Greenie watched as two boys ran out from the tall walls into the Glade. Both jogging, both smiling.

"You on Greenie duty Chuck?" One of them asked.

"Yep." Chuck replied.

"Good luck." The other one said chuckling.

"Minho and Ben." Chuck said.

"I thought no one could leave." The Greenie said watching them run away.

"They're different there runners. They know more about the maze than any of us." Chuck covered his mouth. "Oh god."

"Maze? Runners?" The Greenie asked looking back at the opening. "It's a maze."

The Greenie would walk closer to the walls looking inside.

"Don't get closer. You can't leave. Especially not now it's dangerous." Chuck said.

"Alright okay. I'm just taking a look."

Suddenly, the Greenie flew to the floor.

"We got to stop meeting like this Greenie." The Greenie knew that voice. It was the guy who helped him out of the box before. Ugh.

"What the hell! Get off me!" The Greenie get up quickly coughing.

"Just calm down." The boy said hoping the Greenie would calm. Chuck watched worried about the Greenie.

"Why won't you tell what's out there?" The Greenie asked.

"It's for your own good." A boy with blondish hair said. He had a limp. I don't know why.

"You can't just keep me in here." The Greenie shouted.

"We can't let you leave." Alby said.

"Leave him alone!" A voice came from the walls. The boy who pushed the Greenie over before was now on the floor. Standing over him stood a brown haired girl angry. With a blue dirty shirt on and black cargos on.