"y-yes sir."

"okay, so right now, dr. shepherd and dr. grey are operating on her brain. now, dr. bailey, dr. webber and i, are controlling the bleeders. do you understand?"

"yes."

"close her up. she'll code again if we don't." owen says, to the doctors below.

"okay karissa, we are closing her up now. you can meet us in room 1230. i'll meet you there okay?"

"see you there." karissa says, wiping the tears off her face.

when karissa walks down to the room, morgan was hooked up to a ventilator, which was breathing for her.

"o-oh my god." karissa says, as owen gives her an iv.

"she might not wake up for some time. dr. shepherd also wanted to talk to you, so i'll page him."

"okay, thank you."

dr. shepherd comes in the room, and talks with karissa.

"now, it is a possibility that if she doesn't wake up in the next 48 hours she might not wake up at all. with the severity of her injuries, and the stress that her heart was under during surgery, we are going to have to operate tomorrow if she doesn't wake up by tomorrow."

"alright. t-thank you dr. shepherd."

"no problem. please let me know if you need anything at all."

"i will."

he nods karissa off, and walks away.

"oh morgan...what am i supposed to do? you better not fucking die. i swear to god morgan. i can't do this. i can't live without you."

karissa sits in a chair by morgan's bed. she sat there all night, just in case she woke up. she managed to get some sleep, but never let go of morgan's hand. the morning came quick, and nurses and doctors came in and checked on morgan every hour. they would write things down on a chart, and karissa assumed that everything was okay.

"do you want me to call her folks?" owen says, in the doorway.

"no, she doesn't talk to 'em. i'm all she's got."

"okay. we are gonna give it till noon, then we are gonna proceed with surgery."

"alright."

owen walks away, and leaves karissa with her wife.

suddenly, the monitor beside morgan's bed, which monitors her heart rate, beeps in an irregular pattern.

"dr. hunt! help!" karissa yells outside the door.

"get me a crash cart!" owen yells, running into the room.

a nurse runs in with the cart, as they clear morgan's chest.

"she's in v-fib!"

"charge to 200." owen says, placing the paddles on her chest. "clear!"

as the electronic waves follow through morgans body, her body rises and falls with every shock. they repeat this process until they get a heartbeat.

"prep an o.r, yang is doing the percutaneous repair."

" yes doctor." the nurse says, stopping the defibrillator.

"i-is she okay?" karissa asks, while crying.

"well, she crashed. which means her heart was beating irregularly. so that shocking machine sends electronic currents or waves, to restore the normal heartbeat. the reason she crashed, is because she went into cardiac arrest."