A bad start

Hey guys! I've recently started reading phanfiction off of Wattpad, and some of the stories on here are amazing! I've never written any fanfiction properly before, but I've been inspired by the authors on here to give it a go! :D This chapter's pretty awful, so I am really sorry, but as I get used to writing it should (hopefully) improve a bit! Enjoy, and please leave comments below, all criticism is welcome! ^_^ -Zöe

-CHAPTER ONE-

 “I love you Dan!”

…Silence.

“What did you just say?!” Dan looks at me, his eyes full of hate. Great, now I’d really messed up! Still, too late to back down now I guess…

“I love you” I repeat, my voice starting to break and my eyes filling with tears. This was all going so wrong, so badly wrong!

Dan just looked at me, then stood up and walked out of the room. A moment later the front door slammed shut. I didn’t know what to do with myself. I had messed everything up! A great friend, flat mate, someone who was like a brother to me, and I’d managed to scare him away with four simple words. I’d been waiting to tell Dan for so long, and now I wished I’d never bothered. A tear rolled down my cheek. I couldn’t take it anymore. I fell to the floor and cried in a desperate attempt to stop myself from feeling this pain.

“Phil?” I didn’t reply. What could I say to the person who had just broken my heart?

“Phil, are you getting up or not? I’ve made pancakes, and not just any pancakes, these are frickin’ Delia Smith pancakes!”

What? I opened my eyes and looked at my Pacman alarm clock. ’11:00am’. Then I realised. I’d been dreaming, and Dan didn’t hate me! I jumped out of bed, my mood instantly improved, the smell of pancakes making me notice how hungry I was. As I entered the kitchen, I saw Dan trying to scrape the remains of a pancake off the ceiling with a spatula, swearing under his breath. I laughed to myself, a mixture of happiness and relief washing over me, drowning the fears from my dream.