Oh my...

A/N

Not a request ehehehehhe ^^

Jrwi. Fish 'n' Chips. This is my obsession rn. So you'll have to suffer with me.
Enjoy :]

Tw(s):
-Gill being sad
-Angst
-Hurt no comfort
-Implied Fish 'n' Chips
-Platonic/mentioned Swordfish

(I am on ep. 50 currently, so some things might be OOC. I apologise in advance)
(This whole story will be 3rd person POV)

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Gillion was standing alone on the ship, his arms hanging over the railing as the salty ocean wind flew in his hair.

He sighed deeply and stood up straight, regaining his posture.

Chip had lied to him.

Again.

"A promise doesn't mean much to him, now does it?" He whispered to Pretzel, who was happily swimming around in her bowl. She looked up at him and murmured a soft "Mrrp" as she began swimming once more.

Gillion sighed, and softly smiled at his companion. She was the only one who had never lied to him.

"You're probably right, Pretzel. I am at fault this time. He is, after all, a pirate." He said, turning his back to the ship's railing and resting on it, humming a song from the underseas.

He did this when he felt alone, which lately has been often.

It made him feel... At home, in a way.

He looked up at the sky.

"Maybe, in another life, he'll stop doing such things, and be honest to me" He whispered to himself.

He felt like he had been on watch duty a little too long tonight. Not that he minded -it gave him some time to reflect on things.

Was Jay late for her shift again?

He sighed as he realised this.

He grabbed his sword, and walked over to the figurehead of the ship, sitting on it.

He sat there, contemplating the stars and looking at the constellations Chip had shown and taught him about.

He felt upset at the mere thought of Chip. He didn't know why, if he had to be honest.

Chip had lied to him many times before, and he'd never felt this angry, so what was different about this time?

He sighed, laying down on the figurehead.

As the cold night wind brushed in his hair, he began thinking about why Chip had even brought him on the ship in the first place.

Maybe he thought of him just as a weapon to use against his enemies; maybe he was just going to throw him back in the sea once he found somebody better.

Then he suddenly heard the sound of wooden planks creaking.

He sat up and quickly turned around, jumping off the figurehead and onto the ship.

"Who's there?!" He yelled out -not loud enough as to wake up anyone on the ship though.

There was no response, so he started heading down to the main dock and yelled again. "Who's there?!"

He gripped his sword's handle as he looked around for any potential threats.

"Pst!" A voice from behind him rang.

He turned around, ready to fight, if necessary.

He saw the familiar face of the ship's captain, Chip, smiling and giggling like an idiot.

"I scared ya', didn't I?" He asked, smirking. "Well, Jay is late for her shift, and I didn't want you to stay here for an extra two hours, so you can thank me later" he simply said, as he sat on the wooden floor of the ship.

Gillion just nodded in response and headed down to his room or -well- their shared bedroom.

When he arrived, he put his sword away and sank in his barrel.

It felt strangely cold, for some reason.

He missed Caspian. They would know what to do.

Caspian was one of his best friends- since they were the only other fish person on land he knew, they bonded a lot over that.

He sighed, and curled himself up in a ball, trying to fall asleep.

After a few hours of not being able to, he sighed and walked out of the bedroom. He was pretty sure it was his turn on watch duty anyway.

As he walked up, he saw that Chip was heading towards him. He glared at him as he passed by, but the shorter male didn't take notice of this.

He sighed and sat on the wooden flooring in front of the railing, looking over his shoulder at the sea.

*Maybe I...  maybe I should go back...* He thought to himself, but quickly brushed off the thought.

He swore to protect them, and he, unlike somebody else he knew, kept his promises.

He looked back down, and looked at the small pink frogtopus, a soft smile resting on his lips.

"Pretzel, you're probably the only good thing I have left to remind me of where I come from, you know?"

He chuckled as the frogtopus stopped in her tracks to look at him, a content smile on her mouth.

"Mrrp!" She confirmed, swimming around happily before resting on the bottom of her small bowl.

Gillion hummed happily at her reaction and rested his head on the railing.

He looked up at the stars. They reminded him of Chip.

Stupid liar Chip.

Stupid selfish liar Chip.

That stupid selfish liar who had taught him most of the things he knew about the overseas.

The same selfish guy who had kissed him to save a whole island.

The same guy who could make his heart flutter with a simple laugh.

Then a realization dawned on him.

One that felt crushing.

He liked Chip.

That's why he just now felt upset when Chip lied.

It was because he loved him.

Gillion felt his cheeks getting wet, more so than usual.

He brought a hand up to touch them and he realised he was crying.

He quickly rubbed off the tears.

It was unacceptable for the Gillion Tidestrider to be crying.

He was the chosen one.

He couldn't cry.

He took a few deep breaths to calm himself down, and looked up at the moon.

"Chip... He's changed me... and sometimes I don't understand if for the better or for the worse..." He said, his voice slightly shaky and low, almost like a whisper.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

A/N

Word count: 987

Heyheyhey!!! Alex here!!

First FF that I write and ACTUALLY have someone proof read lmao ^^

I tried to make everything more fancy in writing cuz yk, pirates speak fancy sometimes >_<

Anyway, let me know if you liked it!

P.s.
I might stop writing in my tomboo oneshots book bc I honestly lost any type of want to write about that ship, mostly bc I don't ship them all that much anymore. Sorry for the people who followed me just for that! I might release a chapter on it as a goodbye/ending, so it will get a last chapter, but you'll have to wait a little while :] That being said, I hope you'll enjoy the ships/duos/trios/squads I will actually write about now! Bye for now,
-Alex