Chapter 48: Clingy

Start from the beginning

The room was filled with scents of mint and caramel.

Nan Yi found himself at the mercy of the alpha's... desires.

From the sofa to the dining table, the bathroom, and the bedroom, Nan Yi felt as if he'd been taken apart.

Initial apprehension and excitement gave way to resistance.

"Good boy."

The tender tone did little to lift his spirits.

..................................

The mild winter sun streamed through the undrawn curtains, casting a gentle glow on the face of the peacefully sleeping figure on the bed.

Upon waking, He Yushen lingered on the luminous face beside him and smiled.

The omega, wrapped in the blanket, had a neck covered in reddish marks, and his parted lips in sleep seemed to beckon for a kiss.

Moments later, He Yushen rose, his towering silhouette approaching the window. When he stepped away, darkness engulfed the room.

The closed bedroom door reopened within minutes.

He Yushen, now in a bathrobe, lay down beside the slumbering omega.

Drawing Nan Yi close, he inhaled the comforting caramel scent before closing his eyes.

Nan Yi slept until midday.

Upon waking, he gazed at the crumpled sheets and pillow in a daze.

His entire body ached, feeling as if he'd been run over by a car—especially his lower back and another unspeakable area.

Just one night had left him drained. With two to three days of He Yushen's sensitive phase remaining, he wondered if he'd survive the ordeal.

The room was dimly lit from the sunlight filtering through the curtains. He had no sense of the time.

Reaching under the pillow, Nan Yi felt only the smooth fabric and found nothing else.

He remembered his phone wasn't in the bedroom.

With trembling legs, Nan Yi staggered out of bed. He wasn't wearing his slippers, but thankfully, the hotel floor was carpeted throughout.

The distance from the bedroom to the living room was short, but Nan Yi could only shuffle there bit by bit.

He Yu Shen sat on the sofa, engrossed in his laptop, fingers flying over the keyboard.

Hearing the door, he glanced up.

Omega wore a white shirt that barely reached his thighs, revealing bare legs with reddened spots. He moved with small, slow steps.

"Why aren't you wearing shoes?"

He Yu Shen set his laptop aside, stood up, took a few steps towards Nan Yi, bent over, and lifted him by the waist.

A flash of panic crossed Nan Yi's face.

He Yu Shen carried him to the dining table, which was set with an assortment of light breakfast dishes.

"Eat something light for the next few days."

Nan Yi nodded, his face slightly flushed.

Holding onto his alpha, even as he ate, without letting him down, occasionally nuzzling his nape.

The two were rarely this intimate. It seems that during their sensitive period, alphas really become dependent on omega's pheromones.

Nan Yi finished his first meal since last night, held in He Yu Shen's embrace. He hoped that after the meal He Yu Shen would give him some space, but he was carried back to the sofa instead.

Nan Yi needed to use the bathroom, but he wasn't sure where he'd left his phone. He tried to wriggle free to get down.

Distracted by the movement, He Yu Shen's typing fingers faltered, and he said with a slight frown, "Stay still."

But Nan Yi really needed to go. He pushed He Yu Shen's arm away and quickly stood up.

"Want to go home? Let's stay at the hotel for a few more days."

He Yu Shen misunderstood Nan Yi's intentions.

Nan Yi could only point in the direction of the bathroom.

"Need to use the restroom?"

At He Yu Shen's comment, Nan Yi continued towards the bathroom.

Watching Nan Yi's stiff figure enter the restroom, He Yu Shen pulled out his phone and dialed Hu Wen's number.

"What's up? What warrants a call from Boss He?"

A nonchalant voice answered, background noises suggesting a busy setting.

"Are you at the hospital?"

"What now? Need me to make a house call again? I'm busy, why don't you find a private doctor yourself?"

"I'm not calling for that. I have a question."

"What's it?"

"Is it normal for an alpha in their sensitive period to be clingy with their omega?"

"Of course, it's normal. Alphas are particularly vulnerable during their sensitive periods. The more dominant the alpha, the greater the contrast during this time. It's like... why are you asking this anyway?" Hu Wen's words trailed off halfway.

"Oh my god, are you in your sensitive period? Don't tell me you're all teary-eyed and sniffling, clinging to that omega you're supporting?" Hu Wen tried to suppress his laughter.

With a frown and evident annoyance, He Yu Shen moved the phone away from his ear, "Hanging up now."

"Wait, tell me..."

With a "beep", Hu Wen's voice was cut off.