Chapter 43 - Going to the Hospital

Start from the beginning

[Could I have an empty room?]

Even in text, the request was tentative.

A slight furrow appeared between He Yu Shen's brows. Confused, he thought, separate rooms? What's Omega up to now?

"Why do you need a room?"

Nan Yi typed once more, head bowed. He was notably shorter than He Yu Shen, and the act of looking down revealed the nape of his neck.

The faint traces of a bite mark, almost invisible, lingered, with the gland at the neck appearing slightly flushed.

Nan Yi looked up again: [To paint inside.]

"To paint?"

Nan Yi nodded, holding his breath in nervous anticipation.

"Choose any room you like. If you need a desk, chair, or sofa, just ask the butler to arrange it."

Surprisingly smooth, Nan Yi was somewhat taken aback.

He Yu Shen didn't seem too concerned and headed towards the main door.

Nan Yi selected two rooms: one close to the stairs and another at the end of the corridor, directly opposite the bedroom.

After much contemplation, he eventually settled on the one at the corridor's end.

The butler set up a workspace for him, added a small sofa, and removed the existing bed. The room soon resembled a studio.

Nan Yi immersed himself in his work. Apart from meal breaks, he spent most of his time in the studio.

It was the weekend. He Yu Shen wasn't working and decided to take Nan Yi out.

When the car halted outside the hospital, Nan Yi was a tad bewildered. Initially, he assumed He Yu Shen brought him to get his stomach checked.

But when He Yu Shen led him to the Otorhinolaryngology department, he was both surprised and touched.

He had thought He Yu Shen's offer to bring him for a check-up when free was just a casual remark. Unexpectedly, on his day off, he had indeed brought him to the hospital.

There were numerous tests to be done.

They underwent tests from morning till evening.

In the evening, Nan Yi sat in the car with the window rolled down, watching Alpha speak with the doctor not too far away.

He stared at the two of them. After what seemed like ages, Alpha began walking towards the car.

Nan Yi averted his gaze, not wanting He Yu Shen to think he had been staring intently.

Nan Yi's eyes shifted to the front, where a man in a black down jacket, wearing sunglasses in the midst of winter, seemed to be holding something.

Nan Yi furrowed his brows; something about the man's profile seemed familiar.

The next moment, the man turned to look his way.

A dense fog obscured the distant crowd and vehicles, and fallen maple leaves drifted by.

When he got a clear view of the man's lower face, Nan Yi felt his heart skip a beat.

He abruptly exited the car, colliding into Alpha who was right by the car door.

"It isn't even dark yet, and you're already diving into my arms. Or are you just tired?"

He Yu Shen looked down with a light chuckle. He hadn't even placed his hand on Omega's back before the latter dashed towards the front of the car.

A look of urgency replaced the usual indifference in his eyes.

Gone.

The figure that had been so near moments ago had vanished in the short time it took him to step out of the car.

Nan Yi jogged a little further. Besides a few cars scattered about, the road was largely empty, save for a few pedestrians on the sidewalk.

His eyes darted around until they landed on a man in a black down jacket crossing the street.

He dashed forward, grasping the hem of the man's jacket.

"Who the hell are you?!"

A deep, adult male voice emanated from the figure, standing a head taller than Nan Yi with broad shoulders.

Before the man could even turn around, Nan Yi's enthusiasm deflated.

"Who are you? Why the hell are you grabbing me?"

The man removed his sunglasses, revealing a fierce face glaring down at Nan Yi.

Swallowing hard, Nan Yi bowed apologetically. The man snorted coldly and walked away.

"What happened? Do you know that man?"

The car pulled up next to Nan Yi. He Yu Shen opened the door, observing the dazed Omega standing in the middle of the road, while also casting a glance at the retreating figure of the man.

Nan Yi lowered his eyes and shook his head.

"Let's go, get in the car."

On the way back to the villa, Nan Yi was lost in thought, staring at the foggy car window, even though there was nothing to see.

He Yu Shen put down his phone, noticing that the person beside him was showing only his profile, which was a bit annoying.

"What are you thinking about?"

He turned Nan Yi's face towards him, his intense eyes fixing on Nan Yi's distant gaze.

After a moment of clarity, Nan Yi still shook his head.

He Yu Shen's sharp eyes narrowed, but he didn't say anything. Instead, he pulled Nan Yi closer, holding his somewhat cold hands.