Jealousy, Jealousy?

Max was shaken awake by the hand.

"Max honey, wake up." His mom says softly as she lets go of his hand as she notices his eyes flutter open.

"Im up.." Max says groggily as he rolls over and grabs his phone off of the nightstand. He picks it up and clicks it on, his eyes shutting as the bright screen flashes onto his face.

"Okay hun. Get dressed." His mom says softly, Max nods and looks for any messages. Specifically from Lexus.

None.

'Shes probably sleeping in.. or maybe busy.' He thought to himself as his eyes flutter shut, the boy was back to sleep.

"Max!" His mom called upstairs, he didn't even move. Not a sound from him was heard.

"Maxwell Scott Green! Get up!" His mom shouts as he makes her way up the stairs, Max sits upright and stares at his mom, rubbing his eyes. He was only in a boxer and a shirt and it was just a few days after that incident.

'Surely it was just a friend.. i mean. I love her' Max thought as he stared at his mom, completely zoning out right then and there.

"Earth to Maxwell!" His mom shouts as she snaps her fingers infront of Max's face to get his attention focused on her again.

"Im.. up?" Max says, confused. He looks down and then looks back up at his mom, forcing a weak smile as he rubs the back of his neck.

"School is in 5 minutes." She sighs as she goes to leave the room. "Your walking to school," She adds on as a punishment. Yet Max loved walking to school. It was his way to get away from almost everything in life.

Even his Problems.

"And if im late?" He asks his mom as he gets out of bed and digs through his drawer, pulling out a pair of leather flared jeans and pulling them on.

"I wont care. You deserve it for not listening to me." She says as she turns off the light and exits the room.

Max shrugged it off and then grabbed a hairbrush to brush his hair.

-

30 minutes later, he was finally done with his makeup and outfit accessories. Earlier he heard his moms car pull out of the driveway. She worked days.

"I should just stay home." Max said to himself as he fixed his necklace in the mirror.

"My excuse will be that im sick.. that'll work for sure." He hummed as he opened the window and lie down on his bed with a content sigh.

He took out his phone from his butt-pocket and went to contacts, texting Ronnie right away.

START OF TEXT CONVERSATION:

M: Are you going to skool??

6 MINUTES PASS.

R: Nah but im hanging out w mah friends

R: ima be busy so cant text

M: oh ok. Im sorry

R: Yeah its ok dude dont worry abt it, Bye tho

8 MINUTES PASS.

R: left on read??

Max stared at his phone. Why couldn't he have Ronnie all to himself?

oh, how bad he wants that..

"I dont care. Im not jealous." Max says to himself as he goes downstairs and into the kitchen. He went into the cabinet and got grape jelly and peanut butter. Also two slices of bread.