One O' Three Degrees (MS)

"Ugh..." Damian groaned before blowing everything he had stocked up in his nose into a soft tissue, getting a mere second of relief before more mucus filled his nose yet again. This was terrible.

Utterly terrible.

He grabbed the cup of tea by his breakfast, taking a long, soothing sip of the nice peppermint blend. This tea was probably the only good part about his day—of course, he had to get sick today of all days.

The first day of finals.

Really, what odds? He hadn't even been doing anything that should've made him sick! Sure, he was inside all day studying; but really, there wasn't much more to do. It was freezing outside, probably at least 20°! And even if the snow outside wasn't part of the equation, he wouldn't have gone outside anyway. He didn't want to get sick during finals, after all.

Oh, what irony.

"Uhm..." Emile suddenly spoke, starting up a new conversation at the already booming breakfast table. Really, these dorm kids needed to learn to shut up for once. Damian had a splitting headache that was mere hairs away from a full-out migraine.

"You really don't look too good, Lord Damian." Emile finished, eating a large portion of egg as he did.

Damian felt his eye twitch. Really? Did he really not look 'good'?

And as he thought those words, he spoke with a snarky—but nasally—"What? I do?? How shocking! It's like I'm sick or something!!"

A flash of embarrassment crossed Emile's cheeks as he grabbed more egg with his fork, mumbling a shy "Sorry..." as he ate, which made the green-haired boy sigh. "No, I'm sorry. It's just... Annoying that I'm sick." He grumbled, grabbing another tissue to destroy after.

Ewen gave the sick boy a grin before taking a sip of his orange juice, "But hey, look on the bright side!" he encouraged, taking another sip in between sentences. "Anya will probably be all over you! Seeing as she's your GIRLFRIEND now!"

Almost every voice at that table stopped to look at the trio, making Damian feel like throwing all seven stella away and choking his idiotic friend—who was now laughing hysterically with Emile.

God, now he definitely had a migraine. The added temperature to his already 103° face was not helping.

But Damian's temperature did go up a few notches when he thought about what Ewen said. Anya would probably try to take care of him... And she'd probably be really cute while doing it, or she'd be stupid and try to make him swallow dirt to 'get the sickness out' or something, but she'd still be very cute nonetheless!

"I'm gonna head to class..." Damian mumbled after everyone finally started up their own conversations. "But what about your breakfast?" Emile asked, "You need nutrition to get through today!"

Damian looked down at his meal, it was barely touched—but the thought of even smelling the grease on that bacon again made his stomach turn. "I'm good with my tea..." He answered, grabbing the minty cup and taking a large gulp. "We'll meet up in class, okay?"

His friends nodded, saying their semi-disappointed 'okay's before the green-haired boy left.

As Damian walked to class, he could only think of how unlucky he was. Here he was, walking in the freezing snow with a fever quintupled the temperature of the outside. Along with a mountain of books and notes stuffed in his school bag, making it weigh more than himself.

Damian took his shaky hand with his tea and sipped it, the hot tea burning his raw throat. He just hoped his brain would remember enough to not fail these tests—and he was one stella away from being an imperial scholar too. Honestly, how stupid.