eight

✴ 🎀 ✴ 🎀 ✴

hiyyih couldn't stop thinking about what she saw yesterday. it all makes sense to her now, jay dislike her because he has a girlfriend. that's why jay looks so angry with his father on their first meeting

the blonde opened the door to the restaurant, she saw jay sitting at the table looking so majestic.

sadly you're not mine

she walked towards jay, displaying a tight-lipped smile. hiyyih took a sit, she wasn't planning to stay there for too long. so she just went straight to the point. "you have a girlfriend, right?"

jay looked up at her in surprise, "how did you know?"

seeing jay's reaction confirmed hiyyih accusations. "i saw you yesterday, at the mall with a girl. you even call her ‘babe'". the memory breaks her heart, who wouldn't, right? especially if it is your first love

"i'll ask my father to break off whatever this is" hiyyih continued. since hiyyih plan is just to confront jongseong, she gets up and was about to leave the restaurant.

before hiyyih can leave, jongseong stops her by holding her wrist "stay"

hiyyih looked down at him, confused, the action made her heart flutter."my dad's man is watching" jongseong explained.

the blonde glanced around to catch sight of a middle-aged man looking at their direction. hiyyih was disappointed that jongseong was only acting like this because his dad was watching. she went back to her seat and opened the menu.

✴ 🎀 ✴ 🎀 ✴

"you didn't tell your dad about it" hiyyih broke the awkward silence between them.

jongseong looked up at her, confusion written on his face

hiyyih nodded after seeing his reaction "you didn't tell him." she sipped her wine, and a sigh escaped her lips.

"you should told your father about it. he doesn't look like the type of person to force his son to marry someone if he knows his son already has a girlfriend" she suggested.

"thanks for the suggestion, bahiyyih" hiyyih cringed at the mention of her full name.

"just call me hiyyih. calling bahiyyih sounds weird"  she is aware that her feelings won't be reciprocated. hiyyih at least wanted to be friends with him. "i want to be your friend, jongseong"

he looked at her for a while, until "just call me, jay" he offered her a smile.

the sight made her heartbeats drop. how can she move on when he looks at her like that. in the girl's eyes, he looks like a prince, her prince charming

you're not doing justice to me, jay