💙 Rise - You Did This

TW: Mentions of murder, blood, captivity, injury, and death

Note: Reader and Leo are already dating at the start.

===============

I had been trapped with Leo for 4 years by now, maybe more. Time wasn't something I paid attention to anymore. However, I thought today was a special occasion because Leo and I were currently in Run of the Mill eating pizza together. That usually meant it was a special day, but I didn't dare ask, it might set him off if I did.

"You seem stressed Y/n, do you not like the pizza? I got your favorite." Leo said, snapping me from my thoughts. "N-no I'm fine." I mumble before taking a bite of my pizza and looking up at the turtle who once was someone I trusted with my life. "Then what's wrong? You know I don't read minds princess." He replied, sounding a bit irritated. "I was just wondering why you brought me here..? With all these Yokai around.." I finally admitted as I shied away from his stare.

"It's our anniversary of course Y/n. I thought you would have realized that by now." He said with a small sigh. "I'm going to go use the bathroom quickly. I'll be right back. Don't talk to anyone." He added before he stood up and left me at the table. I thought of running but I knew he would find me anyway. He could teleport after all, and last time he dislocated both my shoulders to teach me a lesson.

I was too lost in my thoughts to notice one of the Yokai waiters come next to me and start talking. I didn't speak but I tried to shoo him away. It sounded like he was flirting, I couldn't really tell over all the stuttering he was doing. Based on his red face alone I had to make the judgment.

He didn't take my hints and only left me alone once Leo had returned. To say he looked pissed would be an understatement. He put the money on the table for the food and took my arm while glaring at the waiter. I didn't want to know the fate the poor guy was about to endure, it happened every time someone talked to me. Sometimes Leo would even make me watch as he killed his victims.

Leo made a portal and before I knew it he had thrown me onto his bed in the subway car he called his bedroom. "I thought I told you not to talk to anyone." He snapped as he attached the chain that held me prisoner to my ankle. "I didn't talk to him.. I ignored him.." I tried to protest but it fell on deaf ears. Leo had already made up his mind. "I'm sure you didn't with him oogling you the way he was." The turtle snapped, sounding jealous. "Now, I have to deal with another problem because you couldn't control yourself. Even on our anniversary!" He added, his voice growing louder with anger.

With that there was a flash of blue, and he was gone. I waited anxiously for him to return from what he was doing. I couldn't help but start to cry as I curled up on the bed. Soon enough a familiar flash of blue came into my vision. I looked up at him with tear stained cheeks. "What the hell are you crying for? You made me do this Y/n." The slider snapped irritatedly. His green skin was covered in blood. It was running down his body from where it had splattered. "Stop fucking crying. It's not like you knew him or he mattered to you." He snapped again, his markings starting to glow.

I couldn't stop myself, I knew what was coming. Nothing could ever prepare me for it, no matter how many times it happened. I didn't even notice him get on top of me until I heard the sickening pop and screamed in pain.

He had convinced himself that he was helping me by hurting me, but that only fueled the hatred I had for him.

===============

Word count: 665