Chapter 3

Word count: 1340

It was still dark out when I woke up. I looked over at Cami to see if she was awake yet, but I just saw her lone body lying there silent. I got up and got into the shower. It was quiet, because I was trying to forget about what happened the night before. I couldn't help but long for his touch. Although we had agreed to pretend it didn't happen there was no point in wasting time thinking about it. The cold brushed over my body as I stepped out. As I got dressed I watched myself in the mirror. Unwilling wishing that I hadn't pulled away. I walked into the common room where I saw Hermione sitting by the fire studying, "Hey." I said to her groggily. She waved towards me, not taking her eyes off her reading. I sat beside her facing the fireplace, feeling its warmth flow across my skin, making my face heat up quickly.

A while later, more of the Gryffindors woke up. Fred, George, and I walked into the great hall. Taking our normal seats. As I started eating my breakfast I noticed someone had sat next to me. I looked over to see Cedric smirking as he asked "Did everyone have fun at the party?" Fred and George started talking about the girls they met that night. "What about you, Aurora?" Fred asked me. "Most of it was good but then there was this creepy guy who would not leave me alone." I said, "Oh, really?" Cedric looked at me. "Yeah, really."

"Anyways, Ced are you gonna put your name in the cup?" George asked eagerly. "Yeah, I am." Cedric was on the older side of year sixes, so he was already seventeen. "Hey fred, You know what would be funny?" Fred shook his head while taking a sip of his pumpkin juice "If Aurora had to manage Cedric." They both began to giggle, which slowly turned into a loud laughter. "Don't even joke about that." Cedric said. I squirmed uncomfortably at the thought of having to deal with him that much.

Later that day the trio and I walked to the cup, I entered the circle putting my name in, "I can't believe you don't want to be a champion." Ron announced. "And risk my life for a silly game? No, thanks." I said rolling my eyes. As I exited the circle Cedric ran in with his friends all hyping him up. "Come on, Cedric!" "Do it!" they yelled. He laughed as they pushed him into the circle. He looked towards me as he put his name in the cup, breaking eye contact almost immidietly. "He won't make it out alive." I whispered. "What did you say?" Cedric said. I looked up at him confused, not realizing he heard my prediction. "Hm?" I questioned. "Don't play dumb, Lupin." he said walking closer. "I said, You won't make it out alive." I looked towards him. "Don't be so sure of that, Lupin." He snapped. "Trust me, Diggory. I'm pretty sure."

The doors swing open, as the weasley twins rush in cheering. "It's not going to work" Hermione sang. "Oh, yeah? And why is that?" they asked her. "see the ring? Dumbledore made it," She explained. "So?" They asked. She scoffed and replied, "So, an aging potion as daff-witted as that couldn't get past Dumbledore." They both smiled as Fred said "See, but thats the reality of it. Since it's so incredibly daff-witted, it'll work." She rolled her eyes as the twins stood up, shaking the potions. "Ready, Fred?" "Ready, George." "Bottoms up" They said in sync, wrapping their arms around each others swigging the potions. They jumped in to the circle, as everyone stood up around them cheering. Then as they went to put their name into the cup, they went silent. The room lit up with cheers once the cup had accepted their names. Suddenly a boom came from the cup, pushing the boys onto the floor.

As they sat up they realized that beards were forming on their face, soon their whole face was covered in gray hairs. "You said!" George yelled as Fred did the same. They got ontop eachother wresting on the hard floor. Everyone surrounded them as a chant started. Then Viktor Krum walked in, the room went silent as Fred and George also did. Viktor stomped through the room, putting his name in the cup. He stopped and stared at Hermione for a moment before smirking and turning  around, stomping out. I left the circle, shoving past Cedric, "You won't make it." I said. "Alright, Ms. Lupin. Whatever you say."

It had been a month since I put my name in the cup, We sat in the Great hall after dinner, waiting for dumbledore to announce the Champions and their managers. The whole tabel sat eagerly, hoping some would be picked, others reggrettign putting their name in in the first place. The Beuaxbatons sat at the end of ravenclaw, so my buddy was far away. "For our first champion we have..." Dumbledores voice echoed throughout the hall. "Viktor Krum!" The room filled with cheers as Krum walked up to the podium. "His manager will be.." The room fell silent. "Oleg Petrov!" The crowd whoo'd as Krum's best friend walked up to the stage giving a bro hug to his best friend.

"Our next champion will be.." The children sat still whispering about krum. "Fleur Delacour!" We watched and cheered as she walked to the podium standing next to Krum, she smiled brushing a strand of hair off her face. "Her manager will be Camille Tremblay!" I watched as my new friend walked over to Fleur smiling big as they held hands. Dumbledore gave us all a hefty smile, excited to announce who the Hogwarts Champion would be. "And finally, for our very own Hogwarts champion..." The crowd hushed, "Cedric Diggory!" Everyone cheered excited for him, I watched as he Grinned ear to ear, walking up to the podium. I felt slightly dissapointed I wouldn't be a manager. The system picks good matches, as in someone who can connect with the champion and really help them. So I knew I wouldn't get it. Then suddenly I heard my name come out of Dumbledores mouth. Fred and George reached across the table, scruffing my hair and cheering. I got up, in shock that I was picked. As I reached the podium, I stood next to Cedric. He smiled, turning to me "I don't want to hear it, Diggory." I said, completely ignoring the boy.

The room cheered as they examined the new champions. Dumbledore smiled and turned to us, facing away from the cup. Suddenly the blue flame in the cup grew, roaring against the sound of the cheering. Professor Snape stood up, walking towards the flame. Another champion flew out of the cup, landing in dumbledores hand. Everyone was silent, "H-Harry Potter?" He said examining throughout the room, looking for the new champion. I watched as Hermione pulled him out of his seat, pulling him up. He walked over to dumbledore, staring at him. I heard a few people yelling, "He's a fake." "he's not even seventeen yet!" They yelled, he walked up to the podium, McGonagal giving him a sympathetic hand. He stood next to me, in shock. "It's ok," I whispered to him. He looked at me fear in his eyes.

"Hermione Granger!" Dumbledore yelled. She walked up standing next to him. Both had shock and fear radiating off of them.

We stood in a room I hadn't seen before. It had cluter everywhere. I stood next to Cedric, it was completely silent. Nobody wanted to say anything, "Harry." I said. He looked up at me, already knowing what I was going to ask. "I didn't put my name in, I swear." I looked toward fourteen-year-old Hermione, I didn't have to ask her, I knew that she didn't especially since she rarely broke any simple rules at Hogwarts.