Chapter 2

Word Count:1528

I sat in the great hall, watching as all of the first years nervously sat down, some wondering if they should start eating or not, others stuffing their faces. I look towards the Hufflepuff table, spotting Cedric laughing with his friends. "God, I hate him." Fred looked "Yeah, he's not ready for what George and I are gonna do to his classroom this year" Smirking and winking at George. I look at them confused, noticing that they're staring right at Professor Snape.

Just as I'm about to say something, Dumbledore stands at his podium and announces, "This year, Hogwarts will not only be your home but it will also be the home to two other schools. This year we will be hosting the Triwizard Tournament." The mass of children suddenly whispered to each other. "Unfortunately, the ministry has decided that no wizard under the age of seventeen may participate," He says, raising his voice over the crowd. "That's rubbish!" "You're mad!" The two boys across from me yell at the headmaster.

"However, managers must be at least fifteen." I smile knowing that I just wanted to manage a player. "calm down guys, it's not that bad." I said to the boys, who were still yelling. "Easy for you to say, you didn't want to be a champion." The doors swung open and suddenly a group of girls danced into the room, sighing and putting their hands out every few steps. They wore short blue dresses with a small shawl on top. They had matching hats with a rim, and heels that made them all atleast an inch taller. Behind them walks in a large woman, she was skinny yet tall, with a strange patterned outfit. "Blimey, thats one big woman." Seamus said from cross the table. Behind them comes in a tall man, he had a staff and a large beard. A boy walking next to him, one I thought I'd seen before. "That's Viktor Krum." i heard a voice shout from the Slytherin table. I watched as they all followed, each had a staff, some of them on fire. They swung their staffs and flipped across the room. A booming of drums following.

I watched Dumbledore rise to his podium, as he slowly directed us to sing our song for them. "Hogwarts, hogwarts, hoggy hoggy hogwarts. Teach us something please! Wether we be old and bald, or young with scabby knees. Our heads could do with filling with some interesting stuff. For now they're bare and full of air, dead flies and bits of fluff. So teach us things worth knowing, bring back what we've forgotten, just do your best, we'll do the rest, and learn until our brains rot."

As we all stood up to walk to our dorm rooms, Cedric walked over to the group. "Hey guys, Hufflepuff is having a welcome party for the new schools, you guys are welcome to come to." They all agreed as Cedric started to walk away. I watched as he turned, walking backwards. "are you coming, Aurora." He questioned me, a smirk growing on his face. "I'm thinking about it." I responded, confused as to why he cared. he nodded and ran to catch up with his friends.

Once we made it to the Gryffindor common room we all waited as our assigned girls and boys walked in. Dumbledore made a buddy system, so all the new students would have someone for the year. I looked around waiting for my buddy to find me. Then, a girl who looked about the same age as me walked over. Her hair was a bright red, she had it curled and half was in a small ponytail on the back of her head, tied with a blue ribbon which matched her dress and shoes. "Hello, my name's Camille Tremblay, please call me Cami. I believe you are Aurora, Aurora Lupin. Is that correct?" I stood up and examined her face, she had dark blue eyes, and freckles across her nose. She was beautiful, she had blush on her cheeks and her mascara was slightly smudged. "Yeah, so I'm guessing you're my buddy." I clarified.

"Yes, that would be me." I bent over and grabbed on of the two bags she had, "Follow me, I'll take you to our room." She smiled and walked behind me, I guided her up the stairs and two the girls wing. We walked into the room I shared with Hermione and another girl, shocked to see that there were powder blue beds set up next to the red ones. "This one is mine, and I'm guessing that one will be yours!." She smiled at me, analyzing the room. "So, tell me about yourself." She said. "Alright, uhm. I'm sixteen and I'm in my sixth year at the school. I was born in London. My mothers name is Nymphadora and my fathers name is Remus. I don't have any siblings. My friends are mostly all in gryffindor, and that's really it." I told her. "What about you?" I asked her. "Well, I'm also sixteen, but I'm in my fifth year. I was born in Lyon, which is in southern france. My mothers name is Ines and my fathers is Pierre. I have two siblings, but they're both boys so they don't go here. And all of my friends are back home, I don't really get along with most of the girls here."

We spent around 30 minutes getting ready for the party and talking, I wore low waisted jeans with a simple tight tank, and flannel. In the fall it was always pretty cold in the hufflepuff common room, so I grabbed a brown pleather jacket to throw on top. She put on a simple pair of jeans and a sweater.

We walked down the stairs, and a cold chill blew over me. I thanked myself for grabbing the jacket and we met the Hermione and her buddy in the common room. As we saw Hermione we noticed she was talking to Viktor Krum, who was Nevilles buddy. Neville stood next to him, clearly nervous and scared of him. We walked to the door as I yelled to Hermione, "you coming?" She nodded, walking over.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We had been at the party for over and hour by then, everyone had met some guy and was off doing their thing. I was about to get up and go when Cedric sat down next to me. He turned to me, "Hey Aurora." I smelled the alcohal on his breath as he slurred his words. "I think that maybe you've had enough to drink, Diggory." I said to him as I continued staring straight ahead. He handed me a bottle of liquor, I looked at it as I considered my options. I could get as drunk as possible, or I could go back to my dorm room and go straight to bed. I picked the first option.

A few drinks later and Cedric and I were facing eachother playing cards. Neither of us knew how to play cards, so we made up our own game. "Go frog." I slurred at him, as he placed his whole deck down. "thats not how it works." I smiled at him, leaning closer. "Oh, yeah? well how does it work then, Diggory?" He leaned in, so close I could feel his breath trickleing down my chest as his eyes wandered down. My breath hitched as stared at my lips and back to my eyes. "Did I ever tell you how beautiful you are?" I felt a chill flow down my back, as I slowly leaned in as he did the same. The kiss was slow, I wrapped my arms around him pulling him in, as he did the same to my waist.

Everything was silent for a moment, even though it was Cedric Diggory that I was kissin gin that moment. It just felt right, I felt safe and warm as his arms roamed my back. One hand twisted in my hair. But suddenly that silence was broken when I heard, "Aurora?" I slowly opened my eyes as I realized thats Cami was calling my name. I pulled away, a wave of concious hitting me. 'what the hell am I doing?' I thought to myself. "This didn't happen, Diggory." I said as I pulled myself away grabbing my jack which he took off of me moments before. "Alright, Ms. Lupin." he boasted. "I swear on merlins beard if you tell anyone about this I'll kill you." I said to him, waving my finger. He put his hands up and said "Yes, Ma'am." as I walked away. I walked towards Cami, "There you are! I've been looking everywhere for you!" She said to me. "Are you ready to go?" I asked her. "Yeah, if you don't mind." she said as I nodded and we walked out of the Hufflepuff common room.

On the way back I couldnt help but feel Cedrics lips lingering on mine. I reminded myself who he was and how much I hated him and Immidietly stopped myself, from thinking of what might've happened if I hadn't broken the kiss.