CHAPTER 6 : The Pandavas

Start from the beginning

"I suppose these laddos are meant for me." The chatter would go on, and they both would fight over who would eat the laddos, i was looking at them again and again, feeling hungry and timid at the same time. Not able to control myself further I instantly got up from my spot and strolled towards them with a drowsiness all over my face, my eyes and stomach plea for food. I came in front of them, and a smile appeared on my face, pursued by theirs too.

"Can I have one laddoo?" I requested both of them.

"Ah-Of course. Why not, but there are only four." Said one of them, glancing at them with fondness and admiration.

"Okay, so I will have two and you both can have one each," I said taking one laddoo from the basket, and before I could take another one Sehdev broke in.

"No we should share them equally," declared Sehdev.

"But how are we supposed to share four laddoos among three persons," I answered back with a confused look.

"Hmm, that's so confu-" Before he could finish off a hand came over from behind, taking two laddoos at once and two after, three of us darted back only to find the same Bhrata Bheem eating all of them together.

"I solved your problem and Sachdev and-?"

"Ah-Nihira," I let out hesitating a bit.

"Hmm, Nihira I figured out your problem too." He said incapable of speaking with laddos excessively filling his mouth.

"Bhrata bheem-they were for Nihira. Why did you eat them." Said Nakul.

"Nakul, you can get more for her from the kitchen." He said tugging him tightly towards him, I felt bad for him but a smile appeared on my face as I chuckled catching sight of the three of them fighting like kids.

"Bharata, you should have given her the laddoo instead. She was hungry her stomach was making bizarre noises." Said Nakul, all of a sudden my expression altered as I looked pale what did he say, I pressed my lips together, Ii felt remorseful standing in front of three guys, whom I hardly knew.

Good job nihira. I said to myself clueless of the condition I was in.

"Ahem, the dinner's ready." We gave attention to a voice from behind a typical one, as I veered around I saw Ashwattama standing there with a smile on his face, on seeing me he looked down, which clearly showed he had already attended to our conversation, looking at Nakul and Sehdev his smile instantly faded away. He looked at me with soberness in his stare, I mashed my lips together incapable of bearing the impression I made. I stood there motionless, as Ashwattama gave side eyes to three of them and walked away into the royal tents.

* * *

The dinner was served in a large area where everyone would sit together on the ground and have the food, there was only satvik bhojan served, the serving would be done by students according to their turn, followed by the cooking, which too was done alternatively. Students would sit in lines facing each other on the ground, I saw Gurudev was served first followed by the others.

The dinner was soon to be over, as I woke up to wash my plate, there was this huge tank filled with chilled water, where Students had to wash their utensils by themselves, I unhurriedly walked towards the tank crossing the Pandavas, who gave me a serene smile while consuming their food. The tank overlooked the banyan tree, which had a congregation of Duryodhan and others, Duryodhan stood beside Dusassan and Abhay and Anuvindh, four of them talked about something and peeked in my direction, as I looked towards them, they kept on staring until I rumbled my eyes from their direction.

I had no idea, why were they so mean to me, even though we hadn't had any conversation yet but their actions and their conversation with Gurudev, at the outset, gave me some clues of them being mean towards all, including the Pandavas. Coming inside my tent, which I shared with Devpriya Didi and Tushti one of the attendants in the ashram, I glanced here and there unable to find any mattress or bed to which we were about to sleep from now.

"Tushti, where are we going to sleep-?" I asked out of novelty, Tushtiw looked modest, she had those big black cat eyes that looked beautiful when she filled them with kajal, she had long black hair that brushed her waist, and her body was curvaceous which made her even more esoteric. She sat beside Devpriya didi, talking about her daily mediocre life here in the ashram.

"you have to bring the mattress from the storehouse." She said, keeping her arms on her knees and pointing towards the room of Gurudev.

"Oh-by myself-I mean-?" I let out. I had no idea how much weight it held up and thus, I would have trouble getting it by myself.

"Yeah-I can help you." She said getting up from the ground.

"No that's alright," I said, giving her a decent smile.

"Nihira, get one for me, a soft one." Said Devpriya Didi behaving all cute and childish all of a sudden. Devpriya Didi was the most surprising person I had ever met, she was manipulative in a distinct way. She would love me but with conditions. I would never be able to comprehend what she wanted, but right now it was just a mattress that amounted to something to her!

Walking out of the tent, the ashram was silent at night, looking up at the sky which was crammed with stars, there were countless stars. The sky was swarthy and the moon spread its light all over the ashram. The lanterns were long blown away by the breezes, and a chill yet soothing waft blew through the whole region. I sauntered towards the storehouse, which was just beside Gurudev's chamber.

Walking calmly I unlocked the door, and peeked inside, only to find the room was dark and nothing was visible. I slowly strolled inside, i wasn't scared of the dark but the room was even darker than the night, i took gradual steps, one at a time but unexpectedly walked and trembling over something.

"Ouch-" I cried out.

"Who's there?" I asked as I could feel someone breathing laboriously.

Someone was there, who unexpectedly held my wrist, I was seized by the terror before I could shout for help someone kept their palm over my mouth, I tried to get out of the grip but all in vain and we stood there all in engulfed darkness.

Who's there-? I thought, filled with terror and nervousness.

Please vote and comment :)

Thank you so much for reading 💌