Chapter 3

Julianna's POV
I woke up laying on the couch, blinking a few times to get my vision back I looked up too see the faces of Rob, Eddie, Aaron and Anne looking down at me. I hadn't seen Eddie and Anne for a while, I blinked again. "What happened...?" I asked in a really quiet voice. Where wa my voice?! I glanced at the person who sighed, Anne. "You passed out and your really pale... your hands are shaking." I sat up with the help of rob and looked down at my hands to see that they were shaking. "But... why...?" I asked looking at Aaron for answers. He sighed, I looked at eddie who just shrugged. Looking at Rob who had an apologetic look on his face I looked at Anne. She was looking at me sadly, in a quiet voice she mumbled out. "I looked it up and I think it means the chemo isn't working... that your too far in. Some stage 3 tumours can't be fixed. I am so sorry." I shook my head an covered my ears. "No!" I looked up at the door to see Sam, I realized that the word hadn't come from my mouth. "Your lying Anne!" Sam ran upstairs and slammed her bedroom door. I tried to get up but got pushed back down by Rob.
~
~
Samantha's POV
Why wasn't eddie home? Why wasn't I allowed to go home?! I paced Amanda's floor thinking through things. I walked through Amanda's front door looking irritated. I walked out and towards myhouse. Why was Eddies, Anne's, and Robs car outside my house. I walked inside as I heard Anne say "Some stage 3 tumours can't be fixed. I'm so sorry." I froze shaking, no one had seen me yet. "No!" I was shocked when I heard that it was my voice. "Your lying Anne!" I ran up to my room and slammed the door closed. Flopping into my bed I curled up. Looking at the bedside table I saw Julianna's blade I had taken away from her. I felt my hand reach for it, I felt the cool blade press against my skin then I made myself drag it across making myself bleed a bit. I closed my eyes loving the feel of the sting in my wrist.

Roberts POV
I pushed Julianna down lightly to make her layback down on the couch. "I'll go talk to her." I muttered and ran up to her room. "Sam...?" I asked softly through the wooden door, knocking softly I called her name again. "Sam. Please open." I heard her whimper and furrowed my brows. "Samantha Barks open this door or I will walk in." I heard a sigh and a shuffling. Opening the door I peeked my head in. I saw the crimson blood on her white sheets and gasped. "Samantha!" She covered her face tears falling. "I'm sorry! Don't tell Juiles! Or Aaron!" I walked over to her and rubbed her back. "I know your scared, we all are, but doing this to yourself is not worth it. That scar will be there forever now. You tell Juiles not to do it therefor you can't do it. It's called hypocrisy." She nodded slightly and glanced at me. "Thanks Rob." I nodded and smiled. "I'll tell everyone you'll be down in a few minute." She nodded and looked down. Sighing I stood up an went downstairs. "She's okay. Just needed to beat up a pillow. She'll be down in a few minute." Everyone muttered okay or alright.
~
~
Anne's POV
I sat beside Julianna, her head laying in my lap as she muttered something about Sam. I was distracted, lost in my own world. I heard Rob say Sam was okay and I muttered alright. Eddie noticed my dazed look I suppose because he sat on the coffee table in front of me. "Anne... what's wrong...? You seem dazed? You know you can't always be the strong one." That made me burst into tears and hold Juiles to me, she looked shocked but hugged back. "Anne... I'm alright..." She muttered into my neck. "Juiles... I know you probably don't want to hear this but umm... I... uh..." I stood up shifting Juiles off my lap and ran off to the kitchen. How could I tell her that she was my kid I gave up to the barks and just happened to meet her because of Les Miserables?!

Aaron's POV
When Anne ran off, Sam came in with a blank expression. She stayed away from everyone but Rob who kept glancing at her. What happened up there?! I guess Juiles noticed it to, and I suppose she was still a bit upset about Anne's running off because she stood up. "Okay. No more secrets. I'm done with secrets. Want to know mine?! I was planning on killing myself tonight." There was a collective gasp and multiple people stepped back. "And I still will if Anne doesn't tell me what she's off about and Sam and Rob stop acting like they're cheating on Aaron and I and are too scared to tell us." She had her arms crossed and looked dead serious. She knew now she wouldn't be let out of some ones eye sight. Rob sighed and put his hands up stepping towards Juiles who stepped back. "This is something only Sam can say. It has nothing to do with me." I was staring at Sam, she looked at me and broke down. My arms wrapped around her and she sobbed into me. "Sammie... Sam... what's wrong...?" I muttered into her ear. "Please d-don't hate m-me..." She stuttered out before rolling up her sleeve to show us a semi open wound. "No!" I hugged her tighter looking at her. Pulling her upstairs to talk to her privately.
~
~
Julianna's POV
After seeing Sams wrist I sat back down staring blankly at nothing. I heard Anne come back in and I jumped up an turned to her. "No more secrets Anne." She shifted in her spot looking down shyly. "You're my biological daughter..." She muttered under her breath, just loud enough for me to hear it. "What...? But... I..." She sat down, Rob sat me down beside her, I hadn't realized I had fallen into his arms. "I had you when I was 15 but I was too young and scared to keep you... I found a nice family that would love you, rather who thought would love you and they adopted you... well not technically or legally... legally your my kid still." I glanced at her my eyes squinted. "But... this whole time... I... you... how...?" I suppose she understood what I was trying to ask because she sighed and placed her hand on my leg. "I would recognize my own daughter anywhere hun..."

*Time skip about a month and a half*
Anne's POV
Juiles had moved into my house, she had promised me she would see a counsellor, get over things. She had been going and seemed to be a bit happier. I was sitting on the couch with Adam watching tv when I heard Juiles come in, 2 hours past her curfew that she had agreed with. I stood up and peeked my head into her room. "Hey." She looked up shyly. "Sorry I'm late... Sam and I fell asleep watching wicked..." she muttered. I smiled softly. "It's fine. Just get to bed. You have school tomorrow." She nodded and I left. I went to the kitchen and made tea. I was pouring the sugar in the cup when I heard a thud. I saw Adam run upstairs and I followed quickly. Juiles had passed out again. Her breathing hitching.
~
~
Samantha's POV
I was laying on the couch watching wicked with Juiles, what felt like a couple minutes later I felt Aaron shaking us. "Sam.... Juiles was supposed to be home 2 hours ago..." I groaned and covered my head falling asleep again. About an hour later my phone went off right beside my ear, I jumped up making Aaron chuckle. I picked up and heard Anne freaking out. "Anne! Calm down!" She was sobbing when she muttered. "Juiles... she's in emergency in the hospital... her lungs stopped working... the tumour grew..." I couldn't figure out what was going on, I couldn't process Aaron trying to get my attention. My ears were buzzing, my hands were shaking, and my head was spinning. I felt Aaron grab my arms and shake me. I blinked and looked at him still a bit dazed. "Samantha what happened?!" My mouth couldn't form the words I was trying to say. The only word I could say was Hospital. "Who's in the hospital?! Is it juiles?! I'm going to drive you there." I nodded shakily, walking down the stairs I gripped to Aaron for support. He helped me into the car and we drove off.

Juiles POV
I had snuck into the house 2 hours past curfew. I wasn't sure how Anne, or as I should call her, mom, would act so I quickly slipped into my pj shorts and tank top and was brushing my hair. I lifted my hands up and felt a sudden hitch in my chest. I could see myself from the mirror across the room, I didn't look like myself, I looked pale and gaunt, my hair barely existed, I could see more of my collar bones than I wanted to. The hitch in my chest became tighter and tighter and I slowly started to lose my vision, the corners turning black. My hands dropped, the brushing tumbling to the floor. I fell to the ground and slammed my head on my bed, that's when it all turned black.