▬▬▬▬ 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝑪𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒕'𝒔 𝒂𝒑𝒐𝒍𝒐𝒈𝒚

🗒 ❛ HEADCANNON ༉‧₊˚✧

TIMELINE。˚ ⁀➷ Hawkeye series

WARNING。˚ ⁀➷ Angst, Clint misses you and Natasha.

PAIRING。˚ ⁀➷ Nil.

SUMMARY。˚ ⁀➷ Knowing that Yelena was out for blood, assuming that Clint was responsible for Natasha's death, he goes to the two people he wishes were still by his side.

꧁꧂

"ON THIS SITE IN 2012 DURING THE BATTLE OF NEW YORK, THE AVENGERS FIRST ASSEMBLED"

Clint found himself in front of the Battle of New York memorial, his eyes fixing on the engraved names of his two closest friends:

Y/N Maya Dmitri 

Natasha Romanoff

"Natasha, Y/N, I really need to talk to you both right now," Clint began, stuffing down the old pain that resurfaced.

"You guys were the bravest of us all, weren't you? Loyal, stubborn. You always had to win,"  he gritted his teeth in annoyance, "Didn't you? And for a stupid orange rock," 

"Let me go," Nat whispered softly after glancing at the bottom of the cliff.

"And a clanky old glove," Clint's words were pure venom and pain, hating that he had to lose the people closest to him.

"No, no, no!" Clint rushed and crouched beside her. He caught either side of Y/N's head and pressed their foreheads together. Both closed their eyes for a moment, soundlessly speaking through their actions.

He set her head back on the large block of rubble beside her and dropped his head in defeat, unable to control his tears. He lost both his best friends on the same day.

Clint shook his head with a pained chuckle, "God, believe me, Laura and the kids were a mess when I told them what you both had done. I bet Tony still keeps beating himself up for what happened. I went to visit him once in his lab and he was a mess,"

Tony had been on his knees in his lab, the darkness of the room enshrouding him, except for the brightness from the hologram that you had left behind, especially for Tony. 

A shawarma was sitting on the table, untouched.

Tears rolled down his cheek as his eyes remained fixed on your form, replaying your message over and over again.

"And Sam. H-He's trying to," he stammered, feeling bad for the man, "Trying to live without mourning you every day. We all are. I replayed both events a million times in my head hoping for different outcomes. But I do my best every day to earn what you both gave me,"

"Just wanna say I'm—"

Clint broke off, tipping his head forward as his face twisted in a sob. Tears rolled down his face, stinging the injuries on his face, but it was nothing compared to the ache in his heart.

"Just wanna say I miss you two so much," he let out a shallow breath, "And I'm so sorry for what I'm about to do,"

↠━━━━ღ◆ღ━━━━↞