Emil: This is a lot to take in... 

Kaine: No kidding... As much as I want to call all of this bullshit, I get the feeling its not. 

Y/n: Well, I mean you should know considering you've got a Gestalt residing in you. 

Kaine: Oh come on. You know about that too?

Y/n: Yep. Say hi to Tyrann for me. 

Nier: Uh... Who? 

Y/n: Its nothing, don't worry about it. Anyway, story's not done yet. Devola and Popola also knew about the Shadowlord and what was meant to happen, what was meant to be. They needed Grimmwoire Weiss so they could help the Shadowlord bring back his sister. And eventually, they would have brought you, Nier, to the Shadowlord so he could return to his normal self. 

Grimmwoire Weiss: Devola? Popola? Is this true? 

The twins looked down at their feet, not wanting to answer. But their silence said everything. 

Y/n: And the story doesn't end there. In an attempt to save Yonah after five years of her being gone, Nier kills the Shadowlord which brings an end to Humanity overall. Humans became extinct in a thousand years after the Shadowlord's demise. All that was left were machines and androirds. And that's where Project YoRHa came in. 

2b: "Project YoRHa"...?

9s: What do you mean "Project"?

Commander: Y/n, I'm going to ask you to stop. 

A2: No. Keep going. They need to hear this. 

I nodded, agreeing with A2. 

Y/n: Since Humanity was long gone, androids had no reason to fight. So Project YoRHa was made to perpetuate the lie that humans were sent to a base on the moon for their own safety. This was done so you androids had a reason to fight, a cause that was worth dying for. 

6o: W-What...? T-This isn't true... Commander? 

The blonde woman simply turned away. Like with the twins, her silence said it all. 

9s: You... You've been lying to us...? All this time? 

Adam: So Humanity ceases to exist and the androids fight a pointless war... 

Eve: I'll admit, this story while complicated is quite interesting to think about. 

21o: I don't believe this... I can't believe this! You're lying! 

Emil: H-Hey now, let's not get crazy here. M-Maybe there's a happy ending to all of this?

I turned away from the group and continued writing on the board. 

Y/n: After Devola and Popola's failure to stop Nier from killing the Shadowlord, future models were created to feel a constant guilt for their failure, but they were forced to forget what it was about. Mostly out of fear that they would try to destroy the world. But in all honesty, I can't blame the two of you. But if you had just tried better to tell Nier and didn't lie to him for five years... Maybe it would have all panned out better. 

Popola: Maybe... But why did you keep this quiet? You knew all this time. 

Y/n: Because I wasn't sure how the rest of you would react. When I first met you all, you were standoffish and were more than happy to shove a blade through my heart. 

Grimmwoire Weiss: Can't say I blame you lad. I would've done the same. 

Emil: Wow... How long did it take you to learn about all of this? 

Y/n: Way too long for my liking. 

Everyone fell silent, unsure of what to say. Humanity was extinct in their worlds (to an extent) and nobody knew how to take it. But then... 

A strange humming sound filled the room, but it was slightly off-tune. It was like singing or something. I then looked at Louise and saw she was humming, much like the postman taught her. I let out a small smile. 

Y/n: Thanks for the singing, Louise. 

She stopped for a moment and then smiled. 

Y/n: I guess there might still be hope for your world Nier. Not all the Gestalts have relapsed. So maybe humanity can survive somehow. 

Nier: Maybe. But then does that mean that if we somehow find our way back to our own worlds, we need to give up our bodies for the Shades? 

Y/n: I'll be honest, I don't know for certain. But I do know that you've got all the information you need about Project Gestalt. 

Grimmwoire Weiss: Yes. I remember everything now. And... I wish I didn't. 

Y/n: Yeah... Its not the best thing to remember. The truth can be an ugly thing. 

Grimmwoire Weiss: Indeed. 

Eve: So what now? You gonna explain our story now? 

Y/n: To sum up your story, its basically what it means to be human. I'd rather not get into the details of that otherwise we'll be here much longer and we'll end up getting philosophical. 

Adam: A fair point. 

Kaine: What do we do now? 

Y/n: Uhhh... You guys like playing video games? 

I suggested. It might not be the best idea, but I didn't really know how else to handle this. I mean, I literally dropped a bombshell on these guys and I had no idea how they were taking it. I mean, most of them were silent which made me worried on how unpredictable they are now. 

Thankfully, Kaine nodded. 

Kaine: Yeah, sure. I guess we could do with something to lighten the mood. Its like we're attending a funeral now. 

One by one, they began to take up my offer of playing a game. 

I just hoped it'd help them ease their minds. At least a little.