𝟮𝟵 🔥 𝗶 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗺𝗮𝗱𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂

Once back at the Salvatore home, Mercy and Tahlia were seated on the bed in their shared room

Once back at the Salvatore home, Mercy and Tahlia were seated on the bed in their shared room. Tahlia could tell that Mercedes was guilty of something, but she didn't know what.

"I did something... terrible." Mercy began. "Lizzie found out that Finch is a werewolf, and I got worried because in order to activate a werewolf curse you need to kill somebody."

"That's... vulgar." Tahlia admitted, before she tilted her head. "I was worried that Finch could be a cold blooded killer." Mercedes added, "And I know you really like her and I was scared that you may be interested in someone who kills others."

"So what did you guys do?" Tahlia asked, though the expression on her face made it visible that she was reluctant to ask. "We did a thing called a head dive. Finch allowed us into her mind and we found the memory of her triggering her curse... except we basically dug up a traumatic memory that her brain had repressed." Mercedes explained.

Tahlia glanced away from Mercy, unable to meet her eyes as she processed this information. "Mercy... that's terrible." The younger Ramirez managed to say, as she felt bad for her crush.

Mercedes nodded, "I... I know. I feel so terrible. We just traumatised Finch and I don't think there's anything I can do to fix it." The hellhound admitted as Tahlia frowned, "Honestly... don't try anything. You've done enough."

The pyromancer got to her feet, "I know you were only trying to protect me, and I love you for that but this was too far." Tahlia spoke as Mercedes nodded guiltily, "I know."

"I'm gonna go and talk to Stefanie and Finch." Tahlia decided before she left the room. As the younger Ramirez closed the door, Mercy let a couple tears fall... except for someone who'd supposedly never met her soulmate, she couldn't explain why she was feeling guilt and pain for two people.

Shakily exhaling, Mercedes laid back into the bed as more tears rolled down her cheeks, as an agonising ache washed over her entire body.

⋆⋅🔥⋅⋆

The next day had arrived, and the Salvatore house was tense. Stefanie was refusing to speak to Mercedes, despite the Ramirez' best efforts. Tahlia was speaking to Mercy but was still visibly upset with her. And Josie? She had no idea what was going on.

The ravenette was currently sitting on the balcony, when she heard footsteps approach her. Mercy looked up, surprised to see Josie standing there. "Are you okay?" The Saltzman asked.

Mercedes opened her mouth to answer, but paused as she realised it was strange that Josie cared as they weren't friends. The Ramirez shrugged, "No."