X - Wedding

"What did you just say?" Suzy asked, trying to make sense of what Joohyuk told.

"I said we should go to the wedding together." He answered simply, a smile creeping on his face.

"What wedding?"

"A friend from work is getting married. He invited me to attend the ceremony. So I thought it would be nice if we go there together."

"Are you joking? I'm not going with you."

"Wae? Why not?"

"Because... no, just no. And Jeju is far."

"We can just go there and come back as soon as possible if you're worried about staying there overnight."

"No"

"Please?"

"Hyuk-ah... I have clinical duties that day."

"Can't you take a day off?"

"It's not that easy. You should know how it is."

Joohyuk's head lowers as his request was flatly turned down.

"Arasso... it's a no then. Mianhae." He says before packing up and leaving for work.

- - -

"Unnie... isn't this too much?" Suzy asked as her gaze raked down the dress that Go Eun was holding out for her.

"Ani... it's pretty. You said the invitation was blue, right? Then maybe the motif is blue too. Here, this is perfect." Go Eun convinced, proudly looking at the dress she picked out for her.

It was a navy blue backless dress, with a high neck fit. The material is made of silk and it will show her curves perfectly.

"It's not me." Suzy retorted. "And... I already told Joohyuk that I won't go with him."

Go Eun's brows furrowed. "Ya... then why did you tell me about it if you already turned it down? You even let me drag you out of the hospital so we can buy a dress."

"Because... I felt like... you should know..."

"Shouldn't you talk to him instead?"

"About what?"

"That you changed your mind"

"But... I haven't"

"Then why are we here?"

"I... I don't know too."

"Aigo Bae Suzy... make up your mind. But if you're gonna ask me, I'll say yes to my husband. Well, ex-husband. Or whatever. Just say yes."

"We're not yet back together."

"Then what are you guys doing now?"

"It's complicated. I can't explain it too."

"If this is his way of reaching out and making it up to you, then you should give him a chance, right? Go out on dates, talk... relive that lost spark."

Suzy's eyes glanced at the dress again, and grabbed it from Go Eun's grip. "I- I'll see how it looks on me." She declared, then turned around to enter a fitting room.

"Ya, you're gonna try it on?" her friend yelled.

"Ne" Suzy responded.

"Omo. Y-you... yes, go ahead! I got you on that day, don't worry about clinical duties. I'm a doctor too, you know!" Go Eun cheered as she saw her friend really heading towards the fitting room.