Chapter 8: Dual Vermillion fangs!

Começar do início

"Ok one one two", Yami instructed Leo, "Ok" *BANG BANG* *SMACK* he hit the pads, "Woah kid", he pulled the pads back, "What?", Leo shook his head, "You're hitting as hard as you can" "And?" "This is semi contact; I say you should go on a more volume approach", Yami messed with his lips and hummed as if he was thinking about something, "Go to about fifty sixty percent that way you can converse your energy for the real deal, and if necessary to tire them out and tee off on them when they have drained all of theirs", Leo nodded at the explanation, "Besides when someone's coming in you need far less power than you think to knock them down or even out. So, one one two" *Bang bang* *smack* the blows on the pads were considerably quieter than before, "Good just like that", the two practiced the drill a few more times, "Step outside when you're done", Asta commented, "Sure", Leo threw another combination and pivoted to the side when he did, "Nice now add a cross after", Yami added on, "Ok" *bang bang* *smack* Leo moved to the side *bang* he hit the pad with the cross, "Good good", Yami egged him on, "Ok now I'm gonna add a straight and you lean out of the way and counter, ok?" "Ok" *bang bang* *smack* *bang* Yami throughout the straight just as he said, but Leo only moved out of the way and stepped out, "Sorry a bit of instinct", Leo apologized, "Don't worry just don't do it again", Yami assured him, "Right", the two got back to it *bang bang* *smack* *bang* and when Yami threw the cross Leo leaned back and pivoted to the outside hitting the pad with an uppercut *BANG* the moment from him moving and the pad going forward created a far louder sound than the rest of his shots, "See what I mean? The force from someone moving in mixed with your volume will be enough", Leo nodded before the two began again

Mimosa watched her cousin hitting pads feeling a little conscious of her pad work, "C'mon Mimosa focus", Theresa called to her, "Right sorry", she lifted her hands back up practicing a few basic combos, "Jab straight lead hook", Theresa instructed her *Bang* *Smack* *Smack* Mimosa stepped back after it, "First we have to work on your inability to move forward", Theresa commented after, "What?", Mimosa lifted her brow continuing to practice combos, "Whenever you land a decent combo or big shot you back away or if you get pressured you tend to shell up", Mimosa thought about and she was unfortunately correct, since head gear or not she didn't like getting hit in the face, "Ok, but how do we fix that?", she asked getting back into form, "I'm not sure", Theresa held up the pads seeing Mimosa connect a jab cross lead uppercut combo and circle away, "We don't have much time to unlearn it, but we can at least get you a little more comfortable with the idea", Mimosa landed another combo, "Didn't really answer how", Theresa stopped putting the pads down for a moment, "I think maybe having someone genuinely pressure you with their hands, but not land might help", Mimosa scrunched up her face a little knowing that there were two people who had effective boxing in the room who weren't occupied, "Who did you have in mind?" "Yuno actually", Yuno turned his head at her answer, "What?", he shook his head, "It's just that between you, Sekke, Sol, and Asta you have the least effective boxing", Yuno frowned a little, "How is my boxing worse than a grappler?" "Hold on let me rephrase that", Theresa moved her mouth around before answering, "Your boxing is more effective than hers, but that's because her boxing is nonexistent and won't really help Mimosa get used to it, on the other hand Asta and Sekke's is decently effective but might not emulate a real boxer so they might throw punches that are set up heavy or just wing for her head to get reactions instead of acclimating her to real punches, you are the perfect balance between them since your boxing was created through her and you don't yet have the experience to have it affect the way you box", a long explanation came from her, which made sense, "Ok", Yuno stood up, "Here", Sekke tossed him a pair off 16oz gloves, "You know some of the basics correct?", Theresa asked him, "Mimosa taught them to me yes" "Then just go off of what you both know", she left the two to work together, "Sorry", Mimosa apologized, "No. It's no trouble at all", Yuno laughed, "Please just don't kick me, ok?", she joked with him, "No promises", he laughed with her. The two had a few light boxing exchanges bantering back and forward, "Fragil invite you to her party?", Yuno asked throwing a few close jabs that Mimosa ducked out of the way of, "Yeah she asked me and Noelle in history", she answered, "She coming?" "Not sure, her mom is still pretty mad that she got detention so soon into the school year", Mimosa answered while throwing a few body shots and an upstairs hook that Yuno leaned out of the way of, "OOOO I see your using the advice I gave you", Mimosa giggled, "What can I say? It's good advice", the two continued to talk for some time getting some work in before the opening matches began. Eventually the time had come for the opening matches to begin, and the two Vermillions would have their matches take place simultaneously, "Good luck guys", Sol left the room with her mom, "You guys got this", Jack and Sekke followed them, "I hope you do well out there", Yuno waved at Mimosa, "Thanks", she waved back, "Talk about prince charming", Theresa nudged her with her elbow, "It's now like that", Mimosa corrected her with a tinge of red on her cheeks, "Sure kid", Theresa laughed, "You guys good to go?", she turned her attention to Yami, Asta, and Leo, "Yep", Leo answered taking a few stutter steps to show his eagerness, "Don't really want to sound like a prude, but why is Asta still here?", Mimosa asked, "He's a part of our corner team", Yami placed his hand on the grey hairs head, "I see", Theresa stroked her chin at his answer, "C'MON I DON'T WANT TO WAIT ANY MORE LET'S GO", Leo bounced up and down, "I guess we shouldn't keep the world waiting", Mimosa stretched a bit before heading to the door, "WE GOT THIS", Asta followed them, "Ah youthful energy, hate to say it but I miss it", Theresa looked at Yami, "Speak for yourself, I still got plenty of youth", the two laughed before joining the students. As the group made it to the main area the sight of multiple rings made them feel a little nervous knowing that their opponents were likely going to be decided based on their initial performances, "YOU GO GET THEM", Leo waved to Mimosa before walking to his designated ring, "YOU TOO", she yelled back at him as he got further away, "Ready kid?", Theresa asked her, "Yes"