i wasn't sure what any of this made us. wasn't sure if she wanted anything more than sex. i knew eventually, i'd have to suck it up and ask. "i already regret leaving," she pulled me from my thoughts, walking behind me; pinky intertwined with my own.

"we can go back anytime, you know," the offer sounded lame to both of us. looking back at her, she stared at the ground with a small frown on her face. i guess both of us are unsure how things are gonna play out in reality. the air in the hallway was stiff as we approached the door. after fiddling with the lock, i walked in ahead; making sure my apartment had stayed empty on our vacation.

"what the fuck, eren!" she quietly screamed at me, pushing past me and into the living room. where the bear from the fair sat on the couch. fuck, forgot to move that... i kept my face nonchalant, not trying to tip her off. "and how do you have this?"

i got it back after the break-in; i couldn't have been sure she even knew it was missing. it was easy to find; bertholdt kept it in a box with other random items of hers. the bear was the only thing that felt right to take; the only thing that was also connected to me. the memory of that coward beaten into the floor flashed before my eyes; but y/n couldn't know that. "told you bertholdt was following you around," i couldn't help the bitter bite to my tone.

she frowned, patting the bear on the head. "what did you do to him.." her tone was accusatory, but she didn't seem very angry. just curious. i turned my head, laying out the bags i was still carrying by the door. a muffled grunt caused me to turn my head.

zeke stood in my apartment, holding y/n close to his side, hand over her mouth. her features twisted in agony as her body went stiff over his hands. "we really should talk," a small amount of blood covered his lips.

i didn't think about my movements. in an instant, i was pushing zeke's body away from hers, grabbing y/n in my arms. i gripped her cheeks, scanning her face that was still contorted in pain. my eyes caught the red of blood on her neck then. moving my left hand, i made out the bite. the bite. "fuck, no no," i blabbered but my words were drowned out by squeals of anguish from y/n.

i covered my hand over the side of the bite; all sounds and feelings suddenly felt numb to my body. the world went dark as i realized there was nothing i could do. nothing that could stop the venom from turning her. the whites of her eyes started to turn black at the edges before they rolled back into her head. time hung in the air for a moment; i felt completely useless. i was completely useless.

"y/n!" i tried to yell, but it came out as a whisper. i clutched her tighter to my body; her hands gripped around my torso tightly before going slack. her whole body fell weak against my lap as her eyes closed. it meant that it was working. y/n was going to turn. it was all my fault, how could i let this happen?

the cabin should've never happened, fuck, the whole semester shouldn't have happened. i knew the inevitable was in front of me, but it felt like a dream. like i was just trapped in a nightmare. i'm dreaming. i'm dream- "eren!" my head snapped back to zeke; almost forgetting he was in my apartment. "pull yourself together," he was almost irritated.

"zeke, what the fuck did you do?" i meant to yell, but my voice sounded pathetic. it cracked, and i realized my face was hot with tears. nothing felt real. "a favor," he put it simply, keeping his distance from me. i wanted to stand up, and knock his composure with a fist to the face, but i wouldn't let go of her.

with the numbness subsiding, i was finally able to voice my animosity, "a FAVOR?! are you on something?" i turned my attention back to y/n's limp body. removing my hand from the bite, i moved it further to her jawline. her pulse was shallow, but it was there. she was still alive. "this can't be happening," i watched as a tear dropped on her cheek; i barely registered it was mine.