intro

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

chapter 1: intro

i kicked my foot continuously into the door. the overfilled tote on my shoulder started slipping down to my hand that held another tote. "coming!" is faintly heard through the door, before the latch begins clanking on the other side; revealing sasha.

"take any longer?" i tiffed, before stumbling my wide load through the doorway.

"sorry! con was being soo loud," she replied, smacking the remaining food in her mouth.

i laughed through my nose, unloading the food onto the counter top. it was my second year at sina university, and sasha and i decided to room together. and some other girl.. hitch i think? neither of us have even met her, and she was supposed to be here last week. sasha starts filling through the bags. i think she's helping at first, but i realize she's searching for food. "if you keep eating like this, you're gonna be paying for two thirds of the grocery bills," i warn her. all of our friends know how big her appetite is; but now i'll have to deal with it firsthand.

"such a buzzkill, i'm starving from all this decorating!" she sighs.

"dude what the fuck, you hung up a single lesbian pride flag?" i motion toward her open room door. i spot connie; completely manspread on her stripped mattress, playing fortnite on the console. "exactly, that took me a solid hour. i kept hammering the nails off center," sasha replied.

"you used NAILS, this is a dorm!" i pushed her shoulder lightly.

behind us, the front door squeaked open. both our heads shoot over, revealing a girl with short blonde hair walking though. she carried more bags than i was just a minute ago. there seemed to be luggage strapped to every part of her body. she began to set a few down while speaking, "i'm hitch!"

"we were wondering when you were gonna show up!" sasha exclaims, her voice 10 pitches higher than before. i turn my heard towards the floor to hide my chuckle; always getting overly excited when she meets new people. "my flight got delayed, it was a whole thing," her tone changed to defensive in the blink of an eye. "wheres my room at?" she inquires.

sasha and i both lift our arms, pointing to the left of us. first come, first serve, she got the smallest room with no windows. she walks over to her room, hauling a few of the bags she carried in. "damn, i was hoping she wouldn't show. whole place to ourselves would've been so nice." sasha speaks lowly into my ear.

"right.. free guest room," i whisper back. my attention is turned back toward our groceries. "i can't believe classes start tomorrow, i don't wanna go," i complain to sasha while separating the colds from pantry foods. "i know, but at least we'll have reiner's party to go to!"

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

hitch stayed in her dorm for the remainder of the night, her luggage stayed by the doorway. luckily, i only had two classes today: brit lit and calculus. halfway to my class, i spot a familiar blonde. "ARMIN SHMARMIN," i direct my shout in front of me. armin turns his head, and so do the few around us, shooting me dirty looks. i giggle and walk up to armin, who has now stopped walking, his head facing the pavement below. "don't be so loud!" he tells me, pink covering his cheeks.

"sorry, sorry," i laugh, "what class are you going to?"

"organic chem with hange, you?" armin was a marine biology major, and was always taking the hardest courses he wasn't required to take. "brit lit, but i'm taking ackerman again. i was too late and everything else was full," i huff out a response.

"come on, he's not that bad," he tried to persuade me. always seeing the bright side of things. armin drifts off from my side, saying we had reached his classroom. i say my goodbyes, and continue the familiar walk to the classroom. ackerman was famous around campus for two reasons. his heights, if you know what i mean, and his extremely strict and aggravating policies. opening the door to the room, the powerful scent of lysol pricks at my nose. i scrunch my face up, and look around for a seat. perfect, i think, spotting a few empty seats in the back.