Part 3 - Aim and Harmony

Y/n observed as Pan approached a blond guy with a rugged scar beneath his right eye. It wasn't until a voice beside her spoke up that she realized she wasn't alone on the log.

"Hey, you're the new lost girl, right?"

"I guess so." She turned to the boy. "The name's Y/n. Yours?"

"Henry. It's nice to meet you, Y/n." He smiled.

"Likewise." She returned the smile.

"So, how did you end up here?" Henry inquired, catching her off guard with a question she hadn't anticipated sharing with anyone on this mysterious island.

"Um-"

Before she could gather her thoughts, Pan approached with a crossbow and an apple. Pan tossed an apple to Henry, who eyed it skeptically.

"I don't like apples."

"Who doesn't like apples?"

"It's a family thing."

"Well, don't worry, they're not for eating. It's for a kind of game, a really fun game." Pan raised his crossbow and aimed it at Henry, Y/n's eyes growing wide. "I call it target practice."

Henry got up, following Pan to another boy holding a cup. Y/n trailed behind, curiosity piqued.

"What's that?" Henry asked as Pan dipped an arrow into the cup.

"Dreamshade. It's a nasty poison." He stops, blowing on the tip of the arrow before continuing. "We have a story here about a man who once shot an apple off his son's head with an arrow." Pan grabbed the crossbow from the boy, pulling it back before flipping the arrow in his hand, having it point in the right direction. "Let's find out if it's possible." He placed it into the crossbow, checking to make sure it's in right as Henry spoke.

"If you're shooting at the apple, what's the poison for?"

"Motivation not to miss. Felix! Get over here!"

The same blonde boy that Pan talked to earlier came over. Y/n could practically smell the fear admitting off of Henry as he voiced it.

"Is Felix good? Is his aim good?"

"Doesn't matter." Pan looked over at Felix as he smirked before turning back to Henry, handing him the crossbow. "You're the one doing the shooting."

"But I- I don't wanna shoot," Henry stutters, but Pan ignores it, tossing Felix the apple.

The lost boys chanted 'shoot' as Felix placed the apple on his head. Y/n sympathized with Henry's hesitation, feeling helpless on an unfamiliar island.

"You won't hit him. Trust yourself. It's exhilarating!" Pan encouraged.

Henry positioned himself a few feet away from Felix, aiming the crossbow at the apple. Pan and Felix even joined in on the chanting, but soon Pan gestured for everyone to stop, the camp growing quiet as Henry concentrated.

In a flash, Henry changed his aim from the apple to Pan, shooting straight at him. Y/n instinctively leaned back with wide eyes so she wouldn't get hit, since she was slightly blocking Pan from Henry. Before the arrow could pierce his flesh, Pan caught the arrow, a breath of relief leaving Y/n.

"Woah," she muttered, not expecting anyone to hear over the cheering boys. However, Pan did, giving her a smile before refocusing on Henry.

"Told you it was exhilarating." Pan took the crossbow and turned to Y/n. "Would you like to try?"

"Uh, what? Yeah, no. I've never used a crossbow before."

"There's a first time for everything, love," he smirked, placing the arrow back in its place before handing the crossbow to her.