Chapter 5: The Observatory

Start from the beginning

Everyone nods as everyone clings onto each other. Chase and Lily are on opposing sides of Skye as she gets ready to fly.

Skye: These pups gotta fly!

And she takes off, with everyone else hanging on. Sage, his sisters, Junior and Max are enjoying themselves as they have a few clouds in their faces. Lily, on the other hand, was holding on tightly more than the others. She whimpers and Skye looks to her future daughter, with care and understanding in her eyes.

Skye: It's alright. I didn't want to fly either when I was younger than your age.

Lily: But how? Flying was your dream.

Skye: I was actually more scared than you when my helicopter was built for the first time.

Lily: (chuckles) I highly doubt that.

Skye: (smirking) Did you ALSO hide in a tree, refusing to come down at the sight of an air vehicle in front of you?

Lily: (giggling) No. Wait, you did that?! (Skye nods) Okay, I gotta admit. You had more of the first-day jitters more than I do. Dad thought I could be a great leader. He said that to me. Both past. (Looks to present Chase) And future. 

Skye: He's not wrong. If Chase wasn't chosen as second-in-command, you'd lead the entire team.

Lily: Hey, mom?

Skye: Yeah?

Lily: We (giggling) passed the observatory.

Skye: Oh shoot! Hang on, guys! (She swerved down still with the others monkey-laddering onto the aviator pup, hanging for dear life. Skye then landed on top of the observatory roof.) That wasn't so bad, was it?

Chase, Junior, and Sage's fur were ruffled like as if they just rolled out of bed. Max, Lily, Winter and Aurora on the other hand ask if they could do it again. And I guess this means Lily lost her fear of flying sooner than Skye did. Back to the task at hand, the pups look down from the hole on the roof. But the hole was too small to see. 

Aurora: Darn it. This was years before the roof broke and we'd be in there easily.

Max: I got an idea.

He's gets a telescope coming out of his PupPack and puts it in the hole, fitting perfectly. Chase looks through and describes the situation.

Chase (saying what he sees): Our friends are in chains. Victor is walking victoriously. Wait! He's saying his plan!

Sage: What? (Everyone puts their ears to tiny but open holes in the roof.)

Victor E. Vance: Man. You dudes were weaker than yourselves in the future. But doing this will make your future end ever so swiftly. I'm sending all of you to the Ice Age, where you could freeze to death, face the extinction of life forms, or get stepped on by a mammoth. I don't care. At least it's a very COOL way to go, eh? Haha!

Marshall: Not the Ice Age! I didn't pack anything!

Junior thought to himself, "That's my dad. The jokester."

Ryder: You won't get away with this easily. The PAW Patrol will still stop you.

Victor E, Vance: How? Four of your friends are gone and so are their future kids. And all I did was move and they fell like leaves. How the mighty have fallen, man. It's awful. Awful for you guys, tho. (Laughs)

Then, Sage leans closer and breaks a new hole in the roof, landing on a couch thankfully. Everyone inside the building takes notice of Sage's entrance. Rocky rolls his eyes and nods at Chase, then he and Lily nod back. At the same time, they jumped to the couch Sage landed on and they stand heroically. 

Zuma: You were saying?

Victor E. Vance: I . . .  I thought you were - -

Lily: Let me guess. "History"? No way, Son of Frankenstein!

Tundra: Hey, that's a good movie title. 

Victor E, Vance: Well you're too late now! (Flips a switch and a portal opens) This portal will make living popsicles out of your friends, considering in where they're going.

Sage: Not in my watch!

Max: Sage, don't - -

Then Sage slips on a wrench, which bends the lever out of its mechanism and makes the portal go bonkers, making the gravity inside the room ever so strange! Rocky uses this to his advantage and tries to free his friends. But Victor pulls him away and throws him to a wall. Tundra, saying to Victor that he'll regret doing that to Rocky, uses the weird gravity and leaps to Victor,, pinning him to the ground. Then, the portal starts changing colors!

What has happened? What WILL happen? Will the pups save their friends? Will they stop Victor? And will I ever get to bed? Find out in the next chapter of PAW Patrol: Fragile Futures!