5: ᴛʜᴇ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴏᴄᴇᴀɴɪᴅ

Mulai dari awal

The unknown man that Paimon and Aether were speaking to earlier spoke.

“Thank you Ma’am… Thank you so much.”

“Well, now that we’ve got the address, we’ll go find Furina. Back in a jiffy!”

Furina? Why were we finding Furina?

Now you regretted not listening in on the conversation. All you could do was follow Aether and Paimon, confused.

“Oh, right. You don’t know the details, do you?”

Aether looked at you, trying to see if he was right. You nodded.”

“Okay, so basically…”

Aether went on to explain the commission that he decided to take on.

Lauwick was the name of the man that Aether and Paimon were talking to earlier, and he was currently looking for a replacement for the lead in his play.

Apparently, Aether and Paimon thought that Furina would be best suited for the role.

You didn’t know much about Furina in the first place, so you went with it, not knowing that she decided to quit being on stage a while ago.

“Uhh… Did Katheryne really give us the right address? She lives… here?”

You nudged Paimon on the shoulder for her rudeness and furrowed her eyebrows. She immediately tried to correct herself.

“N—not that there’s anything wrong with this place, it’s just, uh… a bit of a step down from the Palais Mermonia.”

You noticed Furina’s presence walking over and turned to her.

“You know, it’s common courtesy to make sure the homeowner isn’t in earshot when you’re denigrating their abode.”

You nodded at her in acknowledgement, and she nervously nodded back.

Paimon lifted an eyebrow at this and whispered in Aether’s ear.

“They have gotten close, haven’t they?”

Aether swatted Paimon away as he went on to explain why he was here in the first place. As Aether expected, she refused.

You didn’t know why Furina declined, but you understood that this wasn’t any commission.

Being a lead in a play didn’t seem that appealing to you either.

“So that’s how you really feel…”

“Paimon can understand… But this is just a one-off part to fill in for someone who’s sick. Surely that’s okay?”

“Whether it’s a one-off or not, it’s a boundary that I’ve committed to no longer cross. If I make an exception to the rule now, I’m just leaving a backdoor for myself. Which would be the same as not having a boundary in the first place.”

Furina furrowed her eyebrows and crossed her arms.

“So I’m not going to perform, and that is that.”

While Paimon and Aether conversed with each other, you looked at Furina, and she looked back at you.

Even though you didn’t know much about her, you could somehow connect the dots that she was someone very important before.

Eventually, you turned to Aether and Paimon.

“Let’s go.”

You walked past both of them without giving them a chance to reply.