"Uhm... okay, well if I can have whatever I want, I'd rather not waste time on a starter!" Dex exclaimed.
"Are you sure?" Fitz asked.
"Yeah." Dex smiled.
Fitz hummed.
"Okay, whatever you want." Fitz said, looking through the menu again.
Dex looked back at the menu and he felt as though he was sweating.
God, he didn't expect this first date to be so... expensive.

*****

Dex stared at the baked good he had got for dessert while Fitz looked at the cheque and how much lusters their dinner had costed, along with the dessert Dex got too.
Dex stared at the sweetberry swirl he order and he felt unsure as he watched Fitz mumble some things under his breath as he used his treasury cube to scan the deducter, paying for their dinner.

"I can't believe you're paying for all this." Dex said.
"Dex, spending this much means nothing to me." Fitz smiled at Dex.
"Okay, but like... I'm still iffy about this." Dex said.
"Eat your dessert, Dex." Fitz said, setting aside the cheque and putting his treasury cube away.

"Why didn't you get dessert?" Dex asked, picking up the sweetberry swirl.
"I'm not really in the mood for dessert." Fitz shrugged.
Dex took a bite of his treat and he looked at Fitz who was watching him.
Dex swallowed the bite he took and he raised his eyebrows at Fitz.
"It's creepy you're watching me." Dex stated.
"Sorry, should I stare at the wall?" Fitz questioned, grinning slightly.
Dex couldn't help but smile.
"Don't be an idiot." Dex said as he took another bite.

Fitz was about to speak before someone came over.
"Fitzroy! It is you!"
Dex looked over to see a man, an adult really, who smiled and greeted Fitz. Fitz seemed to smile, a genuine smile as he greeted the adult back.
"Hello Lord Vincent!"
Dex furrowed his eyebrows as he glanced at the two.

The male, Lord Vincent, looked at Dex and he sort of studied him for a moment.
Fitz noticed how he stared at Dex and Fitz smiled.
"This is Dex, he's my..." Fitz stopped himself as he looked at Dex.
Dex glanced at Fitz and then smiled at Lord Vincent.
"Friend. I'm Fitz's friend. Dex Dizznee, pleased to meet you Sir."
Dex held his hand out and Lord Vincent sort of smiled.
"Ah, Dizznee?" Lord Vincent questioned.
"I've heard of you and your family, I'm surprised Fitz took you here."
Lord Vincent didn't take Dex's hand to shake and so Dex took his hand back and he smiled at the man.

"I don't think I've heard of you before, Sir. What's your last name?" Dex asked.
Fitz felt a weird energy between Lord Vincent and Dex.
"Devereaux." Lord Vincent said.
Dex blinked.
"Yeah, never heard of you." Dex said, taking a big bite out of his sweetberry swirl.
'Dex, please don't be rude. He and my father are very close.'
Dex looked at Fitz who was looking at him with worried and pleading eyes.

Lord Vincent sighed.
"I'm not surprised. Your family doesn't really have connections with noble families, do they?"
Dex raised his eyebrows as he looked at Fitz. Fitz felt nervous.
"Lord Vincent, how about we head out and catch up? I already paid and Dex just needs to finish eating his dessert." Fitz smiled, not holding eye contact with Dex.
"Catch up? My boy, do you have any news for me? Perhaps a girlfriend? If not, my daughter would be a perfect match for you." Lord Vincent smiled as Fitz got up and grabbed his cape.

Fitz glanced at Dex and Dex glared at Fitz. Lord Vincent placed a hand on Fitz's shoulder and continued to chat as he lead the way out of the restaurant. Dex huffed as he began to eat his sweetberry swirl in anger now. He leaned back in his seat as he took bigger, more aggressive bites. People who sat nearby sort of shuffled in their seats, uncomfortable by how improper Dex was acting.