4. Thinking about things

Good news: Baizhu didnt kick him out of the pharmacy so he doesn't need to sleep in the forest with alll those monsters and bandits.

Bad news: Baizhu and Changsheng haven't spoke to him since the event from two weeks ago, and he hasn't tried speaking to them either.

Yuru didn't know why, but the fact that those two now hated him left a heavy feeling on him, one that was apparently pretty obvious, as both Mr Gui and Qiqi had looked at him with curious and worried eyes. Nonetheless, Yuru focused on his job, as he felt it was the only right thing to do since Baizhu hadn't expelled him from the pharmacy. As he was cleaning the entrance however, he began to meditate about the event, but couldn't understand what had made the both of them mad at him: those bandits had kidnapped him and probably a lot more people, so he felt as getting rid of them would be the best for everyone. Sure, it wasn't a beautiful thing to do, but that's the reason he decided to do it himself, to prevent Baizhu from having any possible regrets or feeling guilty for harming them. Was it the fact that as a sanitary worker, he didn't like seeing people die? No one liked that, but precisely because of his job he should be used to these kind of things. What was the reason behind such wrath?

As he couldn't find the motive, Yuru decided to leave it for now and instead think about another topic, one that had been conflicting him since that day: himself. He was used to a lot of violence from his previous life, so despite not being a competent fighter, such exposure  had made him able to keep his composure and work around it. This time, however, not only was the first time in a long time he had physically harmed someone (he didn't take the hillichurls into account because they weren't human), it was also the first time he had killed someone, and he felt... different: dealing with killers and hearing the various excuses they made for their heinous acts was nothing new to him, but talking about something and feeling it yourself was very different.  The worst part was that he didn't remember thinking about it, he just remembered something clicking on his mind and doing it, without any remorse after it as well. Was he becoming a serial killer, a crimnal, the very thing he hated?

'No' he reminded himself 'you are far better than them, you are a good person, you are a functional member of society, you are someone worth existing, you are, you are...' He then came back to reality only to find out he had unconsciously been sweeping the floor with so much force the broomstich had started to shatter

'Great, another reason for them to hate me. Why do I care so much about what they think of me?' afarustrated, Yuru decided to leave the broom there and head to his room to cool down for a while. His surprise was quite great when, after entering it, he found a note on one of the bedside tables. Curious, he grabbed it and started reading it. He immediately recognized Baizhu's handwriting:

"Go help Qiqi come back from Liyue Harbor. She always forgets the way back. I have to attend a great amount of patients"

A simple and effective message. Yuru cursed himself for expecting something else, but decided to follow the instructions nonetheless, not only because he feared the possible retributions, but because he was worried about the little zombie girl. Yes, she might have abandoned him in the forest making him an easy prey for the bandits, but her amnesia is the real cause behind it. Deep down Yuru knew she had no ill intention towards him, so he quickly made it to the outside and left for Liyue Harbor

After about half an hour, the scarred man finally arrived to Liyue Harbor, and despite his own frustation, even he had to admire the beauty of the place as he walked through it: wooden docks and stone paths intertwined to form a breathtaking sight, which was accentuated by the tall, rocky mountains and the pristine-looking sea that surrounded the location. Wooden pagodas that reminded Yuru of Chinese architecture were also placed in the top part of the city, and most of them had many leafy trees and bushes next to them, which overall accentuated the natural feeling they emitted.