𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒚 𝒐𝒏𝒆

Start from the beginning

"No, I'm sorry just forget it." She speaks a little louder and I shake my head, no I want to know.

"No, wait, Josephine because I need to know. Have you overheard me and Natalie? Is this why you're jealous?" I ask sitting up a little and she sighs looking at the road.

"I overheard yes, but was it your intention for me to hear?"

"No—"

"Are you sure?" She questions and I frown sitting back again, she's making me confused now. I pick at my jeans a little.

"Did you want to hear?" I ask quietly, the questions just going back and forth now.

She doesn't respond and I look at her again while her eyes stay on the road, she presses her lips together tightly and I huff.

"Can you drop me off at the bar? It's just around the corner." I say and she glances to me.

"It's almost four—"

"Just drop me off, please." I say and she indicates making my shoulders roll back, I see the bar just down the street.

"Do you want me to stay—"

"No, take my key." I reach into my pocket taking out the key, she slows the car and I unbuckle the seat belt before opening the car door.

"If Natalie's home before me, don't say I came here, say I went over to Janes or something." I tell her and she takes my hand as I give her the key. I look to her.

"Diana—"

"Josephine, just go back to the house. I'm not doing what you think I am." I pull my hand away as I step out of the car shutting the door.

I walk away from the car and up to the entrance of the bar, I pull open the door stepping inside immediately hit with the smell of...old men if that even makes sense.

I cringe a little as I spot Floyd behind the counter making a drink, I walk closer pulling out a stool as I sit up on it.

He sets a drink down in front of a woman a few stools down from me before he does a double take of me.

"Diana." He says loudly and I smile as he does too.

"Hi, Floyd." I greet him and he grabs a towel and a glass looking to me again.

"What brings you back here?" He questions and I shrug putting my hands on the counter, threading my fingers together.

"Well since I've come back for winter break a lot has happened. Mostly bad, just one good." I hold up my hand showing him the ring and his eyes widen.

"Wow, Arabella is going to be over the moon when she hears about that." He looks at the ring and I smile dropping my hand.

"Yeah, I'll let you tell her about it...But Floyd."

"Yes?" He wipes another glass dry with the towel.

"I kind of dropped out of college because of everything at the moment, I don't exactly have a job. I don't have any money so everything is on my fiancée, I was wondering if I could maybe get a job here again? I know it's not that simple and I'm not expecting a lot." I say, hoping I can just get a job so I'm not putting everything on Natalie anymore.