(BOOK 3) Chapter 23 - I'll be your best kept secret..and your biggest mistake.

Start from the beginning

‘’I’m going.’’

‘’Have fun.’’ My heart was flustered. Sam had honestly just replied to me. Sam was finally talking to me. I didn’t want to take any chances so I left before I found out that I was dreaming. I met up with the group. I could see that they were screwing me as soon as I got off the bus.

‘’I’m sorry.’’ I said giggling. I was so not sorry. I hugged Ayesha handing her, her presents. She thanked me, Kayne took it out of her hands and held it for her, along with all her other presents. I couldn’t believe that she was already 18 ! I felt so young. I knew I was turning 18 in a couple of weeks, but it looked so exciting. Juts saying you are 18, it just sounded so magical.

I saw him and I knew he saw me.

But I ignored him, it took all the power in the body not to keep looking at him, but I was able to do it.

We walked towards the restaurant, we were a couple of minutes late for the reservation, okay maybe half an hour late but it really wasn’t my fault. We took to our seats. I made sure that I didn’t not sit next to him. I didn’t want to sit next to or across from him. Maria wasn’t able to make it, and Ayesha was with Kayne and her friends, so I started fiddling on my phone. I started texting the only people that I could text, my Israel. He made a really stupid joke about frogs, I almost chocked on my drink.

Later on in the night the lights were turned down and a cake came out, the whole restaurant started singing Ayesha happy birthday. I was just snapping pictures of her blowing her candles, I then luckily caught a really cute picture of Kayne and Ayesha kissing. They were so cute I just wanted to be Ayesha, she was so lucky with Kayne. She had somehow managed to make him grow up quickly, he became mature overnight right after he had met her.

We were all trailing back down the street. I was so full, lord knows I just wanted to take these pants off and just sit down. The bus, then train, then another was journey did not seem appealing at all. And I had work in the morning. I checked my purse, I knew I had just enough to scrape me home form central London, and if not, my mum was home anyway.

I went on my contact list and called my local cab house, I ordered the cab and I stopped at the bus stop.

‘’’You going home ?’’ Kayne asked. I nodded.

‘’I have a cab coming in five minutes.’’

‘’Alright, when you get home text me!’’ I nodded hugging Ayesha and wishing her happy birthday, again.

Soon after they left my cab came.

I was sitting at home bored out of my mind. I wanted to play with my hair, but then I remembered I didn’t have anyway. I side and drew circles on the sofa. Work was finished, I was up to date with all work and my mum was working. I heard Sam’s foot steps down the stairs. I sat up and pretend to be pre-occupied.

‘’I’m going shopping.’’ He said opening the living room door, I nodded smiling.

‘’Do you wanna come.’’ I had my excitement well.

‘’Let me get my shoes and jacket.’’ I replied coolly.

‘’I’ll be in the car.’’ When I got up to my room I screamed thrusting my hands up in the air. Yes. Sam was slowly talking to me again.

It had been ages since I had sat in Sam’s car. I loved the smell of it. He started the engine and I bopped my head to the album that Sam had playing. He was utterly obsessed with Kanye West, so to no surprise, it was Kanye West rapping through the speakers.

‘’You aint got no Yeezy n_gga?’’ I recited the lyrics. Sam chucked and turned it, fuelling me to rap louder.

‘’Can we get much higher ?’’