ᝯׁhׁׅ֮ɑׁׅ֮℘tׁׅꫀׁׅܻꭈׁׅ 22

ꪀׁׅᨵׁׅ ℘ᨵׁׅ᥎꫶ׁׅ

"So, where do we start looking?" Don asked as Ray and Emma held the big map they had. Emma, Ray, Y/n, Don, and Gilda all wore their demon disguises as they stood in the middle of the forest, huddled up. Ray looked down at the map. "We have to think like they would. We know that they don't wanna be tracked." Emma nodded, "Right, so they'd avoid the kind of trails that other demons might use." "They'd also be thinking of escape routes, and avoid places that didn't have any." Y/n sniffed as Don nodded, eagerly. "You're right." 

"So, a place with decent cover and escape routes..." Emma pondered over the map until she pointed at a certain spot. She looked at Ray and Y/n to confirm, before they nodded in agreement. "Alright. Let's try to get there while it's still light out."

_________________________________

"Hey, I found some tracks!" Don exclaimed as he pointed down to the ground. Gilda kneeled down and observed the tracks herself. "No, it's not them. These are too big to be Mujika's, and too small to be Sonju's." Ray nodded. "You're right. Besides, they're so careful that they wouldn't leave their tracks without covering them...And the way these tracks are spaced, this thing has six legs." He said as he gestured to the rest of the tracks, leading to god knows where. "So, it's a wild demon. But a small one." Don ended as Y/n checked off a triangle on their map.

___________________________________

The five walked through the forest all day, going to different locations and checking them off on their map. Y/n and Ray walked next to each other the whole time, helping each other onto large logs and rocks. They didn't say anything to one another though. But the silence they shared was peaceful, even if they were on a serious mission to find Mujika and Sonju. Emma, Gilda, and Don had noticed the sudden closeness of the two, but kept quiet about it. They didn't want to make things awkward.

They all then came across handprints on the ground, as big as doors. Don stepped in the middle of one. "Okay, now that's huge!" He exclaimed. "And there's tons of them. There's probably a nest around here somewhere. So stay alert." Y/n said. "Or maybe we can just leave?"  Gilda asked. At one point, they came across one of the big demons from before. They hid behind a large tree as it passed by. As soon as it did, they ran the opposite way. 

_________________________________

"What do we do if we can't find them in time? The further we go, the longer it'll take to get back and stop Norman." Gilda said. They were all walking together in a group. "Yea, but if we can't find them, that's it. Without Mujika and her blood, we can't prove that our deal will work. And then, there's no stopping Norman." Ray answered, still walking next to Y/n. "Perfect. I wonder if we could tell him to stop, maybe? Nah, who am I kidding, he won't." Don contemplated. Emma stopped in her tracks. "Hm, the more I think about it, the more I think Norman isn't telling us everything." She admitted. 

Everyone else stopped too. "So, what do you think he's hiding?" Don asked. "I don't know. That's the problem." Y/n crossed her arms. 'Well, he's definitely in a hurry for something." She said, slightly aggravated. "Yea. We have to find Sonju and Mujika. For the sake of all the demons, as well as Norman."

_________________________________

At one point, they five made it to a river. The area had dangerous demons around but they didn't cross anything, yet. When they approached the river, a flock of birds sitting nearby flew away. "You see that? There were young birds in that flock." Emma exclaimed. "Yea, maybe there's a nest nearby." Gilda guessed.